Corsair Community

Corsair WILL NOT sell you an i160. What a mistake!

trongngo97

It has been more than a week since I placed an order for a Corsair i160.

Two days later, it was shipped, and then it got stuck in Clearance Delay in Alaska. It has been sitting there for a week and counting. Nothing moves.

I contacted Corsair multiple times. I used online chat and called support every other day to get them working on it. All I got back was a lot of empty talk such as "prioritize" and "will give you an update". They never initiated any contact with me, and it was always me who called them up.

I grew impatient and called FedEx who is the courier. It has been a week since Corsair was notified about this and FedEx confirmed that nothing has been done on Corsair's part to fix this problem, and there is nothing FedEx can do until Corsair sends in the necessary paperwork to clear customs.

When I contacted Corsair to ask them to ship another i160, and I promise to pay for shipping and return the one that is delayed. They refused, using FedEx as an excuse, that they are "afraid that you might experience same incident." Basically, no one can buy an i160 from Corsair anymore.

From a business standpoint, if you can't sell a $4000 product, you switch courier. I paid close to that more than a week ago, and I'm short and late for a birthday gift.

I hate to use this forum to vent. I would rather leave customer support to fix this mess. But anyhoo, it's a PSA.

Out of curiosity, were you shipping international or just to the US? Oh, and if you ordered via using a credit card i’d have the CC place a HOLD PAYMENT on that order.... that usually gets companies motivated to fix shipping issues. Edited by thinkflight

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to have left this thread hanging dry. My problem was solved very quickly once I reached the right customer support agent that was of tremendous help (Kim E). Thanks to Kim and Corsair Mint on the forum for reaching out and getting my order moving.

I will say, if this problem occurs (and Corsair shouldn't let it happen to often), it will take about 2 weeks to be resolved. Be patient not just with the order but also with the customer support agents.

The machine is a beast. I'm a month in, and it can handle Chrome beautifully! (also 4K HDR at Ultra, but who cares?)

• Corsair Employee
I just ordered an i165 through the online store on the 1st of June and am facing the same problems with my order in clearance delay in Alaska and am unsure how to resolve it myself. Any tips?

You need to call the support line and get in touch with the web store team.