Corsair Community

Bios settings for Asus P6X58D-E and CMX12GX3M3A2000C9

Diverking

Hai,

I'm rather new in oc. I build my own PC with I-950 and 3x4 CMX12GX3M3A2000C9. The mem shows up as 1066. If i use XMP the bios falls back in default settings.

What are the correct Bios setings for 1366 or 1600?

Can somebody help me

I changes DRAM voltage to 1,65 but no results.

What am I doing wrong

Tnx Peanutz94

My XMP Profile for the Corsair CMX12GX3M3A2000C9 is

2006 Mhz 9-10-9-2n-1,65v-125v

After reboot the system comes up with "Overclock failed"

Press F1 to enter bios or F2 to reset to default.

Then i'm back to 1066

Does the Intel i-950 have something to do with it it?

Greetz Diverking

I have this exact same combo except corasir 12 meg (6*2) 1600c9 and have made way too many attempts to get stable and correct ram reading out of the p6x58d-e and it will not do so. I have tried about every "fix" and variations of fixes and nothing has worked consistently. The most stable config is running ram at 1066 with stock ram settings (dram+qpi). It will post 12 meg about 80% of the time. the x58 seems the likely culprit but why do other boards with same ram and x58 work correctly ? Corsair says this ram is compatible with this board but I would love for them to post the setup they tested. Asus rarely updates their qvl but i figured Corasir had it right. btw, i have tried two other ddr 3's on this board, both on qvl (4 and 6 meg configs) and NONE of them would post consistently at their rated speed with this board. good luck with this board and ddr3.

Hai,

I'm rather new in oc. I build my own PC with I-950 and 3x4 CMX12GX3M3A2000C9. The mem shows up as 1066. If i use XMP the bios falls back in default settings.

What are the correct Bios setings for 1366 or 1600?

Can somebody help me

I changes DRAM voltage to 1,65 but no results.

What am I doing wrong

Is your BIOS showing 1 XMP profile or 2 XMP profiles?

• Corsair Employee

It is not the MB it is the CPU that is holding you back, what if you set the settings I suggested but set the memory frequency to DDR1600 will post and pass http://www.memtest.org?

YES, the I950 CPU's may not over clock to 2000 MHz for the memory with out some tweaking.

I would got to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then enable XMP and set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.35 Volts and set the memory frequency at DDR1600 and see if it will post and run http://www.memtest.org.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry of my late reaction (family matters)

I've tried to enable XMP

-Only profile#1 (2000Mhz)

Mem freq 1720 (1600 is not in the list)

CPU/QPI is showing 1.4000 set to 1.3500

DRAM bus is showing 1.6500 (left it this way)

rest is auto

and guess Overclock failed pres F1

Greetz Diverking

"only the ones that keep on trying will succeed..."

Archived