Corsair Community

H100i Pro not detected in iCUE

kevindd992002

I just installed my brand new H100i Pro in my AMD system and plugged in the USB connection from the pump to one of the motherboard headers. Windows 10 was able to detect the connection and all (listed in both Device Manager and USBDevView). I installed the latest version of Corsair iCue and it did install the Corsair drivers (Corsair USBXp Driver) properly too. But when I start the program, it still says No Device Detected. This is the first time I've worked with Corsair AIO's but so far the initial impressions isn't very good.

@DevBiker, can you please help here?

Thanks.

No additional monitoring issues. This is a fresh OS install.

Yes, I'm connecting via remote desktop. I didn't know that could be an issue. So that won't work?

No issues seen with the driver.

EDIT: Ok, accessing the system via Teamviewer instead fixed the issue. So is RDP known to really cause these USB issues?

Also, my profile is set to quiet now but I don't understand why fan1 has a low RPM (500 RPM range) while fan2 has a high RPM (4000 range). Why won't they have the same speed when they are both connected to the H100i Pro Y-connector?

Edited by kevindd992002

Something to check... Have you installed the specific USB driver for your motherboard?

I encountered a similar issue (crazy RPM numbers, cooler doesn't appear in iCUE, some fans didn't appear in iCUE) when I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. After loading the drivers for the USB on my MSI motherboard, everything was detected with reasonable RPM speeds.

Oh ... you are using Noctua fans. There's something funky with the way some of the Noctua fans interact with the Commander Pro. I can't say if it's on the CoPro side or on the fan side (I suspect it's on the Noctua side) but that definitely explains the weird readings.

Oh ... you are using Noctua fans. There's something funky with the way some of the Noctua fans interact with the Commander Pro. I can't say if it's on the CoPro side or on the fan side (I suspect it's on the Noctua side) but that definitely explains the weird readings.

I did think of that but how do you explain the weird reading on just fan 2 and not fan 1? Also, I'm trying to research on this potential issue with Noctua fans and I don't find any reference about it. A lot of people change the Corsair fans with Noctua fans with their H100i Pro AIO's and don't experience the same issue as I do. What gives?

I still need an answer here. I'm not entirely convinced that it is the Noctua fans that's the issue here. If it were, there'd be loads of people claiming such already. NF-A12's are one of the best fans ever created. Since you're from Corsair, I kinda half-expected that you would give that bias answer but can we not be unfair to your competitors?

Hi Kevindd992002,

We have seen some weird things out of those fans in the past. Most of the time it's the fan not reaching max RPM because the power requirements. Do you still have the original ML fans from the kit? If so you can try and see if it reports the same RPM issue with the included fans. If it does I would go ahead and reach out to customer support over at support.corsair.com and they will be happy to assist.

I still need an answer here. I'm not entirely convinced that it is the Noctua fans that's the issue here. If it were, there'd be loads of people claiming such already. NF-A12's are one of the best fans ever created. Since you're from Corsair, I kinda half-expected that you would give that bias answer but can we not be unfair to your competitors?

Did you read my signature? Oh, apparently not. Take a look at it.

I don't work for Corsair.

As for bias - none. Experience around the forum - lots. It's something that we've seen over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again here on the forum. (Get the idea? We've seen it A LOT!) I actually don't think that many folks using the Corsair coolers switch to Noctua fans. Those that do - well, sooner or later, we seem to see them here with the same issue you have. Hence my reply.

I'm sorry you don't like the answer and it's nothing against Noctua. It's a completely unbiased statement based on what I've seen. The Corsair CoPro and coolers don't have these issues with tons of non-Corsair fans ... but almost always with the Noctua. And not even all Noctua models - just some of them. What would that, logically, lead one to conclude? Also note that I said that I wasn't sure but suspected the issue was with Noctua. There's a reason for that hypothesis and it's not bias.

Hi Kevindd992002,

We have seen some weird things out of those fans in the past. Most of the time it's the fan not reaching max RPM because the power requirements. Do you still have the original ML fans from the kit? If so you can try and see if it reports the same RPM issue with the included fans. If it does I would go ahead and reach out to customer support over at support.corsair.com and they will be happy to assist.

Yes, I still have the original ML fans. I'll have to test more this weekend and report back. As for the power requirements, I don't understand because the whole kit is connected to a SATA power header which can supply more than enough current to the pump, LED's, and fans. The Noctua NF-A12 draw a mere 140mA @ 12V which is less than the current draw of the Corsair ML fans (219mA @ 12V) so how did you conclude that this is a power requirement issue?

Did you read my signature? Oh, apparently not. Take a look at it.

I don't work for Corsair.

As for bias - none. Experience around the forum - lots. It's something that we've seen over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again here on the forum. (Get the idea? We've seen it A LOT!) I actually don't think that many folks using the Corsair coolers switch to Noctua fans. Those that do - well, sooner or later, we seem to see them here with the same issue you have. Hence my reply.

I'm sorry you don't like the answer and it's nothing against Noctua. It's a completely unbiased statement based on what I've seen. The Corsair CoPro and coolers don't have these issues with tons of non-Corsair fans ... but almost always with the Noctua. And not even all Noctua models - just some of them. What would that, logically, lead one to conclude? Also note that I said that I wasn't sure but suspected the issue was with Noctua. There's a reason for that hypothesis and it's not bias.

My bad. I don't look at everyone's signature. I saw that you're part of the Corsair "BETA" team so I thought you work for Corsair. I'm sure I wasn't the first one that made that mistake with you.

I understand that certain fans don't work with systems of their competitors, I really do, but I still need to understand why one of the Noctua fans work fine and the other does not. I have to see if the problem follow the fans or one of the PWM headers.

I did think of that but how do you explain the weird reading on just fan 2 and not fan 1? Also, I'm trying to research on this potential issue with Noctua fans and I don't find any reference about it. A lot of people change the Corsair fans with Noctua fans with their H100i Pro AIO's and don't experience the same issue as I do. What gives?

I have not been monitoring this forum for quite a while but I do recall the Commander Pro having issues controlling Noctua fans. This was a year or more ago. IIRC, Corsair's final response was that they could not guarantee that the Commander Pro would work properly with other brands of fans. I don't know if they ever tried to figure out what the problem is or just decided to say that if you don't use Corsair fans, all bets are off. So this is still unresolved?

I'm not entirely sure what happened but I'm on-site today and I decided to unplug and replug the two fans to male headers of the H100i Pro and lo and behold that fixed the issue! Before I unplugged them, I made sure that there were no loose connections and all that. So again, this just proves that this is not a Noctua NF-A12 (at least for this particular model) issue.