Corsair Community

Firmware Update not Working

pyron123

Hi,

I bought a Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD with the 1.2 firmware about a month ago, to use as a system drive, and right away started recieving random freezes and boot failures. I looked it up and it seemed like it might be due to faulty firmware, so I decided to update.

I downloaded the 1.3 update but it would not update, I can detect the drive with the Corsair Firmware Updater, but when I hit the update button and select the correct file, it attempts to update for about 2 minutes. Then I get a green check-box. But when I rescan the drive it remains at 1.2. I have tried rebooting, reformatting and BIOS flash. None of it has had any effect.

So I decided to wait for the next update, which is 1.3.2. However I see the same issue here.

I have been browsing the forum and have been unable to find a similar error. Anyone else been having similar issues and if so, know how to solve it?

Cheers!

Same for me but i tried it with a mac pro on windows 7 64bit.

after update and rescan or reboot still on 1.2 and no 1.3.2.

Hi,

I bought a Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD with the 1.2 firmware about a month ago, to use as a system drive, and right away started recieving random freezes and boot failures. I looked it up and it seemed like it might be due to faulty firmware, so I decided to update.

I downloaded the 1.3 update but it would not update, I can detect the drive with the Corsair Firmware Updater, but when I hit the update button and select the correct file, it attempts to update for about 2 minutes. Then I get a green check-box. But when I rescan the drive it remains at 1.2. I have tried rebooting, reformatting and BIOS flash. None of it has had any effect.

So I decided to wait for the next update, which is 1.3.2. However I see the same issue here.

I have been browsing the forum and have been unable to find a similar error. Anyone else been having similar issues and if so, know how to solve it?

Cheers!

I am experiencing the same problem on my system, I bought a Corsair Force 3 60Gb SSD about 2 months ago and have been experiencing some BSOD and random freezes since the beginning but things are getting worse, my computer freezes multiple times per day and I need this fixed ASAP.

I have tried updating the firmware to 1.3 without any success and now I get the same results with 1.3.2. The flasher correctly identifiers the drive as a 60Gb Force 3 but when I try to flash it with the correct build the program hangs for a couple minutes then a green arrow appears on the drive icon but when I rescan the drive I find it to still be on 1.2 and freezes still occur randomly.

This is getting pretty annoying as I just lost an important school paper I was writing. I am now hesitating to even use my computer for school and work related work as I can't be sure I won't lose anything else.

Hi,

Cheers!

Also worth noting, my computer can't hibernate after the 1.3.2 "attempt". When I turn the power back on after hibernating, the windows 7 loading icon moves in slow-motion, and the computer won't start. So maybe it worked but the version number just isn't updating? Or it might have updated some files but not all?

Yellowbeard -

Hi, I attempted an update on the Force GT 12GB drive. All seemed to go well, I got the check mark after completion. I ran the update application from another mechanical drive off the same PC.

I rescanned the drive, and it didn't show the new version. I'm using vic file 22757 for my drive. I even disconnected power and SATA from the drive for 20 minutes and rescanned. I'm in AHCI mode, the drive is my primary boot drive. The executable itself is sitting on another mechanical drive, both drives are using the onboard SATA controllers from the intel chipset.

Any ideas?

Yellowbeard -

Hi, I attempted an update on the Force GT 12GB drive. All seemed to go well, I got the check mark after completion. I ran the update application from another mechanical drive off the same PC.

I rescanned the drive, and it didn't show the new version. I'm using vic file 22757 for my drive. I even disconnected power and SATA from the drive for 20 minutes and rescanned. I'm in AHCI mode, the drive is my primary boot drive. The executable itself is sitting on another mechanical drive, both drives are using the onboard SATA controllers from the intel chipset.

Any ideas?

Did you run the updater as administrator?

Got Windows 7 Home Premium x64 with SP1 and had somewehat same problems earlier, but didnt get a green mark at all. Just could not update. Red cross over the drives image instead of the green mark. Fixed it by reverting back from my motherboard ahci drivers to microsofts standard ahci. Works perfectly, not had any problems yet. My BIOS set to AHCI and got only one Force GT 120gb drive. [Edit]Also worth noting maybe, i updated directly from 1.2 to 1.3.2[/Edit]

Alright, after updating, then downgrading, and then re-updating my motherboard BIOS, it would let me change the controller settings.

So I finally got it working now from 1.2 -> 1.3.2, and it seems the error was in that my motherboard didn't save my controller settings to IDE. Not sure why though.

Archived