Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine 2.4.66 not opening

Nahuel

Hello everyone. My name is Nahuel and I have the following Corsair's devices:

- K70 RGB Keyboard.

- Sabre Laser RGB Mouse.

I have a problem with CUE software (I'm using 2.4.66). When I installed it at first time it works "fine" (only have a UI bugs). One day it just stopped working and since then I cannot make it work again.

This is what I did:

- Uninstalled and installed again.

- The same above but (also) with Revo Uninstaller.

- The same above but (also) deleting Corsair folder in Appdata.

- The same above but (also) deleting usb drivers.

Nothing worked. The log is almost empty, just take a look at it:

2016-09-22T11:54:37 I cue.init: CUE version: 2.4.66

2016-09-22T11:54:37 I cue.init: Updates server: https://www3.corsair.com/software/HID/

2016-09-22T11:54:37 I cue.init: Build type: Public Release

That's all. I just have no idea of what to do next. I can't even turn off mouse's lights.

Somebody have the same problem as me? Or somebody can help me?

Thank in advance. Sorry for my bad English.

Greetings!

PD : Corsair please consider make a mouse for hand grip. My Sabre Laser makes me feel pain in thumb sinew when I play games like Simcity 3000 for a while.

What do you mean with "won't Launch"?

Is it running in Background and only the UI dont open ?

Had the same issue but it was gone after a restart.

Since that, im back on the old CUE.

Looks bad but works better

I restarted everytime I uninstalled or installed CUE.

What I mean is that actually nothing happens when I try to start it. It is not running in background and there is no process of CUE in task manager.

I feel like by some reasons the program tries to run, it fails and then closes.

The only thing I can tell about it, is that my firewall ask me about let do or not a connection from Werfault.exe to network everytime I try to start CUE.

This makes me think that there is a problem with CUE software (at least on Windows 10 x64 1607) so Windows tries to send to Microsoft a report about the problem.

I think I better come back to 1.6 and pray that CUE works. I hope that software don't have that kind of terrible bugs.

Its a shame because the Corsair's hardware seems to be solid but software...well I don't like it (in the same way I don't like that Corsair don't release notes about changes in devices's firmware. Why they don't do it?).

Greetings!

this is happening to me repeatedly in Win10. Win10 boots up, but the mouse profiles never load. The mouse operates like a standard mouse. I try to open up CUE and nothing happens.. I re-run the installation and select "Repair". Then CUE opens and I have to unplug and replug in the mouse for the CUE software to recognize the mouse.

So everything seems find until about a couple days later or after 2-3 reboots and I have to do it all over again. Something in Win10 is messing up CUE or the USB driver or something. Sometimes in the middle of a game, the mouse will just lose connection and I have to reboot and repair, etc.... getting very tired of this.

Can you please check your Event Viewer under the application section for errors? Seems for me that Qt5Gui.dll is the module causing the crash error for the software.

Yes, the problem seems to be caused by that library. By now I'm using 1.6 version of CUE until Corsair release a stable version of new CUE.

Greetings!

QT is the backend of CUE and what we use to develop as a platform. Its no different from CUE 1.X (except that we updated it for CUE2 so it would have less issues). If you guys are having issues with the gui dll, make sure you're on the latest video card drivers.

Thank for you answer James.

I already have lastest video (and system) drivers. Yesterday I decided give a try to lastest CUE version (2.5.66) and until now it is working fine. Just two things about it:

- CUE 2.x uses a lot of resources (really).

- CUE 2.x UI is terrible and ugly. Is difficult to do simple things with it, takes some time understand how to make a simple action like make a macro or something else.

One more thing about CUE (1.x and 2.x):

- I can't make CUE save my macros for example, in my device's memory (I have a K70 RGB and a Sabre Laser RGB, have they onboard memory?).

If I close CUE, my macros stop working. I tried to save them to device but that option seems not working. Even worst, from time to time my macros go away, I cannot understand why.

That are things that frustrate me.

Greetings!

This is how CUE devices work, if you close CUE macros or lighting effects won't work. Only static lighting, DPI values and other performance settings are saved on the onboard memory.

There is no macro hardware playback mode in CUE, not in the currently existing devices at least.

I have a problem wih Corsair Utility Engine 2.4.66 and also 2.5.66.

I set "Lighting Link" for my Strafe RGB và M65. Colors are Blue and Green.

Everything is fine until I turn off my PC and start it again. Now colors are Blue and Red.

I have to go to CUE and set the color again.

QT is the backend of CUE and what we use to develop as a platform. Its no different from CUE 1.X (except that we updated it for CUE2 so it would have less issues). If you guys are having issues with the gui dll, make sure you're on the latest video card drivers.

Even if it is the same it's they way in which it's implemented or accessed must be causing some sort of issue. I can run the CUE 1.X software no problem but even the most recent update 2.5.66 is not working. To further support my claim - I have the same drive and video card setup installed with both 1.X and 2.X.66 software. 1.X works while the other does not. That would indicate an issue in the new build of CUE (assuming of course you are correct on your answer that they are the same QT version).

Was there some new or old functions that got added/removed during the refactoring of the old code base? Maybe we can get a backwards compatible test build for trouble shooting purposes.

Even if it is the same it's they way in which it's implemented or accessed must be causing some sort of issue. I can run the CUE 1.X software no problem but even the most recent update 2.5.66 is not working. To further support my claim - I have the same drive and video card setup installed with both 1.X and 2.X.66 software. 1.X works while the other does not. That would indicate an issue in the new build of CUE (assuming of course you are correct on your answer that they are the same QT version).

Was there some new or old functions that got added/removed during the refactoring of the old code base? Maybe we can get a backwards compatible test build for trouble shooting purposes.

Second to that. I even connected the keyboard to another PC and same issue with CUE2 2.5.66, haven't tried other versions though but CUE1 works just fine.

• 6 months later...

Archived