Corsair Community

Permanently removing HW profiles from iCUE list

knappage

Hello,

I've been using the iCUE software for about 8 months now, but I recently encountered a problem when updating the software to the latest release.

I use the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard and the Dark Core RGB SE mouse. The keyboard and mouse each have three on-board hardware profiles. I had previously been able (or rather, iCUE did this on its own prior to the update) to skip these hardware profiles when using the 'profile switch' button on my mouse (button between right and left mouse buttons). Now, after the update, the software cycles through all of these profiles when I press the button. Since I don't use these profiles due to always running iCUE, it's a bit annoying to have to cycle through an extra six unused profiles, just to get back to the one or two I typically use.

I've tried deleting these hardware profiles from the list of profiles in iCUE, and this works fine. However, every time I restart my computer, they reappear in the list of profiles.

Is there any way to permanently remove them from the list (ie. prevent them from returning after computer reboot)? If not, is it possible to skip the hardware profiles when I cycle through the profiles using my mouse (ie. make it the way it used to work)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
yes you can delete the hardware profiles. Under each device theres a tab for ONBOARD Profiles, click on each of the 3 and hit CLEAR. That should do it

This is basically it, though with the latest update it's more like;

Click on the Device > Device Settings > Click "Clear All" under "Onboard Memory"

Can confirm this works on 4.10.273 after restarting the ICUE App; the hardware profiles are gone and never to be seen again! Until maybe another software update.