Corsair Community

CUE 2 & WinLock key on K70 RGB

GumbyDammit223

Guess I don't see it. I found the Performance section where I can change the color of the winlock button and disable certain key combinations. But what I want to do, turn the lighting of the windows keys off when winlock is active, I don't see it. And in the lighting effects section, I can't select the winlock button and do anything with it, so....confusion.

Guess I don't see it. I found the Performance section where I can change the color of the winlock button and disable certain key combinations. But what I want to do, turn the lighting of the windows keys off when winlock is active, I don't see it. And in the lighting effects section, I can't select the winlock button and do anything with it, so....confusion.

set the color to black 0,0,0 It will be off.

LOL, no, I know that....I don't see the link between the winlock button and the windows key(s). That is...press the winlock button and the windows key goes dark. Press the winlock button again and the windows key lights back up. Sure, I can press the windows key and get it to turn any color I want, but how can I turn it off indirectly (by winlock)?

*sigh* Ok, thanks for your help. I appreciate your time helping me out. :) If this functionality can be re-implemented, that would be cool!

Was hoping this version would fix a bug I'm seeing in World of Warcraft (not related to this thread), but no. I'll keep watching/waiting to see if it gets cleared up.

-g

I found a way to achieve this:

1. First create a copy of your profile
  2. Remove lighting effect from Windows key on your copy
  3. Add two new Actions on your copy:

1. Add to the Lock key: Profile Switching > Direct profile selection > select the original profile
    2. Add to the Windows key: Disable > Disable key

[*]And last add a new Action to your original profile:

Add to the Lock key: Profile Switching > Direct profile selection > select your copy profile

If you have any questions to any step just ask. ;):

Edit: For step 2 you can also just add a new layer on top with 100% black.

Edit²: Maybe change the color of the Lock key at performance tab for the copy profile to indicate wheter the button is locked or not.

Intriguing! Since I'm at work I can't try this, but from what I remember, I don't recall being able to do anything with the winlock button except change its enabled/disabled colors. In the lighting effects tab, I couldn't even select the button. Apparently this is different in the Action tab???

Intriguing! Since I'm at work I can't try this, but from what I remember, I don't recall being able to do anything with the winlock button except change its enabled/disabled colors. In the lighting effects tab, I couldn't even select the button. Apparently this is different in the Action tab???

Yes you can assign new Actions to the Brightness and Lock key at the Action tab. I use this to switch (loop) through all my profiles with the Brightness key, because I never change the brightness. ;):

Edit: btw I think it was a stupid decision to remove these two keys from the lighting tab.

Archived