Corsair Community

What kind of mechanical switch does the Scimitar have?

jblovekim

This is the mouse that I've been waiting for since I've started using Maya. I needed as many programmable keys as possible when modeling since the keys on my k95 aren't enough (since I have scripts and other functions stored in there) and I need to hit my frequent functions (such as inserting edge loops) faster using the mouse as my keyboard hand is usually rested and active in using qwer.

Corsair said that this mouse has mechanical switches for its side buttons and I'm wondering what are their actuation points and tactile feedback? Do they feel and actuate like reds, browns, blues, blacks or some other switch?

While I do like my red k95, I can't say i'm gonna like a red-like actuation and feedback for a mouse as I've got a pretty big thumb and I might accidentally press two buttons at once if they're linear. A non-linear black-like switch would be nice or a quiet blue-like can suffice. If they're going for a linear one they should make sure I have to bottom out so I don't accidentally press multiple keys.

While I do like my red k95, I can't say i'm gonna like a red-like actuation and feedback for a mouse as I've got a pretty big thumb and I might accidentally press two buttons at once if they're linear. A non-linear black-like switch would be nice or a quiet blue-like can suffice. If they're going for a linear one they should make sure I have to bottom out so I don't accidentally press multiple keys.

you wont accidently press keys. i havint had any problems with that.

you wont accidently press keys. i havint had any problems with that.

Is it linear or non-linear? Do you feel the gaps between the keys?

I think I heard/read they use Panasonic switches for those side buttons but I can't find a source to confirm it right now.

Panasonic 1:45

Unfortunately that kind of information won't cut if for me. I need to know the actual distance for it to actuate, does it need to be bottomed out, does it have a tactile feedback.

I live in a small city in the Philippines and there is no way I could try out that mouse so i'm left with only numbers to decide if I can feel comfortable using it. I was also utterly disappointed that Corsair didn't have a booth or even a single mouse/keyboard on Singapore's challenger when I visited there as it was one of my things to do while on vacation.

Is it linear or non-linear? Do you feel the gaps between the keys?

Unfortunately that kind of information won't cut if for me. I need to know the actual distance for it to actuate, does it need to be bottomed out, does it have a tactile feedback.

I live in a small city in the Philippines and there is no way I could try out that mouse so i'm left with only numbers to decide if I can feel comfortable using it. I was also utterly disappointed that Corsair didn't have a booth or even a single mouse/keyboard on Singapore's challenger when I visited there as it was one of my things to do while on vacation.

try reading through some of this:

http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/scimitar

try reading through some of this:

http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/scimitar

Unfortunately I have already read that and that's the reason why I had to make a thread and ask since their very own scimitar product page doesn't even have enough information that I need.

I don't know what the description of their switches mean on their site:

The 12 mechanical side buttons deliver an unmatched competitive advantage. They’re designed to pro player specifications for ultra consistent tactile feedback and precise actuation.

How am I supposed to know how a "pro player" feels about his switch preference? Their description is incredibly vague and for all I know my preferences is the exact opposite of their "pro player's" standards.

What kind of tactile feedback is that? Is it like a brown with a small thump? A blue with a satisfying click?

How much actuation force would I need to click the button? Do I need to bottom it out or does it register midway the press?

I hope they can be more considerate to people who don't have access to test out their products.

Archived