Corsair Community

Can't get Neutron GTX 120 to work with Asus Aspire One

bigdog660

I made a backup image of my existing hard drive on my Asus Aspire One AOA150, and then installed the Neutron GTX 120. When I tried to restore the the image to the GTX 120, everything works well... both the GTX and the source drive is found and recognized. However, once I actually start the restore, there is no disk activity, and 5 to 7 minutes later restore complains it failed do to reading from the source or writing to the new drive.

The GTX 120 has been partitioned, formated, and check-disked, all worked and reported okay on the same netbook (used Hiren's Boot CD).

I then desided to try installing Windows 7 as a fresh install. The install goes well untill the first reboot. After reboot, the green bar shows startup progress but then will not proceed any further (the bar still keeps moving though).

I reinstalled my old drive, and all works okay again. The Aspire One AOA150 does not give me a choice to set my hard drive as NORMAL or AHCI as it is just a netbook.

I do not believe it is a problem with the GTX drive, I have a feeling it is a compatibility problem.

Please advise what (if any) options I have. Thanks!

BTW, both the original and the fresh install are/would be Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32.

Hi,

Did you zero(secure eracer) the SSD before trying to do "fresh install" of W7?

...If not then do it and try fresh install again.

You are dealing with Notebook? ..so is the windows from it as recorvery dvd or is it from store?

...anyway try to make it(os) in USB stick and try again...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have purchased an Asus Eee PC 1005PEB. The Acer didn't offer an AHCI mode at all, besides, the Asus has 2 GB or RAM instead of 1.5 GB like the Acer did.

So I installed the SSD in to the Asus, made sure the the SATA was in AHCI, and I have the exact same problem.:wtfeh:

I am now following the suggestion to wipe the partition and data, and will report back the results (I am using EASEUS Partition Master).

Archived