Corsair Community

What does MR stand for in the M60 software?

irlwizard

Clicking it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Is there a way to open up a 'help' text with DETAILED tooltips so you can read what all the functions do to your mouse?

Like I have NO IDEA what any off the options do in the Assign Button section apart from LED switch.

The MR button is used to record macros for the buttons. If you are using the software that came with it you click the button you want to change then hit the MR button to record your macro.

If you have the beta drivers the steps are reversed for some unknown reason you need to hit the MR button first then the button you need to record for (didn't it make more sense the other way?)

There is no detailed manual released although one has been promised.

• Corsair Employee

How-to: Record a macro

You can record a macro (a series of keystrokes) and bind that to any button on the M90. To illustrate how this is done, we’ll create a simple macro that types “Hello World” in any application.

1. Open the Vengeance Gaming Software application

2. Select the Assign Buttons activity

3. Choose a profile to change. In this example, you can simply use the default Profile 1. You can also select an existing profile from the drop-down menu or create a new profile using the Manage Profiles activity.

4. To start recording a macro, first click on the MR (Macro Record) button.

5. In the Button Selection area, click the button to which you want to bind the macro. In this case, select . Assuming your mouse is set up with the factory defaults, you should see the following screen:

6. Now, type “Hello World” (without the quotes) on your keyboard. Use the shift key to capitalize the H and W. When you’re done typing, click the MR button to stop the recording. You should see a screen similar to this:

7. Now, let’s give the macro a name. Click in the text box next to Assign Button 15> . Delete the existing name (“No Function”), type in “Test” and then press Enter.

8. Now click Close.

9. That’s it! You’ve created your first macro and now it’s time to test it out. Open Notepad or Word (or your favorite text editor), start a new document, and then press button  on your M90. You should see Hello World appear as if you were typing it.

A full manual is set to release soon!

Thanks Ram Guy. That is a cool feature. Now I just have to think of what a macro can be useful for. :/ Most games and software can let you crate then and then keybind it to a mouse key.

But ya I don't think you can keybind the Sniper Key to anything at all. So it could be useful to macro that in a profile where I don't use the mouse to play FPS.

Well something I use my mouse/keyboard for is to program more than one game command to a key. Let me explain why.

Sometimes in a game you'll have one function that is on a timer and say activates and increases your attack power. Then to do your most powerful moves you have another key. By programming both to the same key, you increase your attack power first.

The next time you hit the key since your attack power increase is on cooldown, the game ignores it and processes the attack key instead.

This is very handy.

So I might have ALT-F1 programmed to actifate the power and I also have CTRL-F1 programmed on the same key to use that power in my special moves.

This is where macro's come in handy. People use them a lot in games like WoW to activate a trinket and then fire off their attack commands.

Archived