i'm trusting software to keep your pc from melting

What if it crashes without telling me

Or doesn't open

Or update fails and stops working

Or Windows update kills it

Or millions Or worse

90c for long periods is damaging of things

with out the software my pc was running at 90C on cpu and like 80C on gpu

is there fail safes for if the software fails that it will keep the fans working as last settings the software was in?

Considering that you've provided absolutely, positively no information about what hardware you're talking about here and this isn't the psychic hotline, there's no way that anyone can answer this question.

Provide some detail about your system and hardware ...

This makes me affraid of burning my CPU now :(

A bit exaggerated. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell as the OP didn't bother to provide any key details BUT ... the CoPro saves values to the device if your curves are based on the built-in temp sensors. For the coolers, if the curves are based on coolant temps, they save to the device.

So ... if you configure your devices properly, it's not an issue. If iCUE does eat your fan curves, that only triggers when it starts. And you can get around this by backing up your profiles. Personally, I've stopped iCUE from launching with Windows so I can check first. And I've let things run - without iCue running - for hours with a Threadripper 2950X and 1080 Ti and had no temp issues at all. Again, no telling what that OP's hardware is or how they have it configured but I highly doubt that it's a problem with the device, just an issue with configuration.