Corsair Community

LL Series RGB fans

BR34D

I recently purchased (9) 120mm and (4) 140mm LL Series fans to brighten up my case.

While doing so, I had to buy all sorts of hubs for USB 2.0 and the fan PWR, not to mention the (2) hubs that come with the fans for the LED power and control.

The question being, with today's technology and these being a new release, isn't there an option to make the power and LED run through a single hub with internal connecting USB (Type-c?) that connects to the MOBO's USB controller and a SATA power connector?

It seems over complicated as is with too many cables...

LL Series V2 would be nice. :):

The division of the lighting circuitry and fan power circuitry is what allows this to work. You couldn't get away with them on the same line and do more than 1 fan per motherboard header. As for your single hub, it somewhat exists in the Commander Pro, which would offer SATA power control and provide the conduit to software control. You need this or Lighting Node Pro anyway. It is still limited to 6 fan ports and 2 USB ports, so it might not be enough for your 13 fans and whatever else is going on. While I can somewhat sympathize with the patience needed to put 13 of those in, your are probably in rarefied air and no one is going to design single unit comprehensive LED fan control systems for that kind of number. As for internal USB-C, you just knocked 90% of the motherboard in existence out of the running. The system has to be flexible enough to work on a wide variety of set-ups. You just happen to be on one of the more extreme ends.

So 13 fans? Is this a 900D? Something almost as large?

where the fans LED cables daisy chain?... good call........

I'm not sure I can daisy chain the LED cables.

The division of the lighting circuitry and fan power circuitry is what allows this to work. You couldn't get away with them on the same line and do more than 1 fan per motherboard header. As for your single hub, it somewhat exists in the Commander Pro, which would offer SATA power control and provide the conduit to software control. You need this or Lighting Node Pro anyway. It is still limited to 6 fan ports and 2 USB ports, so it might not be enough for your 13 fans and whatever else is going on. While I can somewhat sympathize with the patience needed to put 13 of those in, your are probably in rarefied air and no one is going to design single unit comprehensive LED fan control systems for that kind of number. As for internal USB-C, you just knocked 90% of the motherboard in existence out of the running. The system has to be flexible enough to work on a wide variety of set-ups. You just happen to be on one of the more extreme ends.

So 13 fans? Is this a 900D? Something almost as large?

Hm. It is true the fans would not be able to plug to the motherboard directly anymore and that could be an issue, but regardless of that, they still need to plug into the node pro or commander pro to fully function. That is where I started thinking; since you are required to use a hub anyway, direct to fan USB could provide more function ability and easier cable management with the powered USB connection (header split with a hub still of coarse). If I could do that, I would only have (4) hubs in this PC instead of the current (8). Still, I guess we cannot escape the time tested cables of past successes.

Just imagine the next gen fan you could make if you left the more simple pin connectors behind though. Perhaps a fan with LCDs on the blades to display pictures from your PC's albums as they spin? :sunglasse

I do enjoy the Corsair products and trust them to use in my builds, but I did not find a case with all of the options I desired. I ended up with the massive Thermaltake Core x9 case to pack in more Corsair parts :):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XJrqTH For approximate build.. (they are compatible)

Archived