Corsair Community

A7N8X and CMX512-3200C2

Tomkat

Hi i have a compatibility trouble with my MoBo and my memory. Each time i set my CPU FSB to 200mhz and my memory too, i crashed when i play MOHAA. When i run 3DBenchmark 2001se i got a low score (11500) and i jerk like hell in the test Nature. But when im at 166mhz i get 12500 on Benchmark. The only way i get more stability is when i set up my FSB to 166mhz CPU and Memory. Heres my stat: CPU: Athlon XP 2600 T-Bred 333FSB Memory: 1 GIG Corsair CMX512-3200C2 set to 7-3-3-3-2T (166mhz) But 8-3-3-3-2.5T at 200mhz MoBo: Asus A7n8X Rev 1.06 ( I try all bios 1.03-04-06) GC: MSI GF TI-4800SE AGP8X 128Mg HDD: 2*40GIG Maxtor 7200Rpm Fan: Volcano 7 PSU: 300watts Hi-Power Can you help me or at least gimme the correct setting for the memory, i look in the spec sheet by i dont understand it very much cause the spec are not exactly clear for my Mobo. When i run my old memory (Kinston i have no trouble) But a lot of ppls tell me bout the performance of the Corsair so i change it. **Sorry for my bad english im a french canadian ;)**

I dont know my old memory setting sorry :( But heres my corsair setting: MOBO: A7N8X bios rev 1006 Memory set to 166mhz like the processor (stable but downgraded, its DDR400 not 333): SDRAM Active Precharge Delay: 7 SDRAM Ras to Cas Delay: 3 SDRAM Ras Precharge Delay: 3 SDRAM Cas Latency: 2T DDR Reference Voltage: 2.6V Memory set to 200mhz processor 166mhz (not stable): Memory set to 200mhz processor 200mhz(Overcloked) (not stable too): SDRAM Active Precharge Delay: 8 SDRAM Ras to Cas Delay: 3 SDRAM Ras Precharge Delay: 3 SDRAM Cas Latency: 2.5T DDR Reference Voltage: 2.6V Thx for helping me.

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, Let's try replacing your modules, But I would suggest testing them on another MB if possible. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]warranty@corsairmicro.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmicro.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

I try a last thing, I format my HDD and do a new installation, here's the results: cpu fsb 166mhz, mem 166mhz = benchmark ok no crash score 12500 cpu fsb 166mhz, mem 200mhz= 6 crashes in a row and finally get a benchmark result with 11500 score ?!? lowest score cpu fsb 200mhx (10x * 200), mem 200mhz= 10 crashes in a row no benchmark result. You know RamGuy i try everything i could to make this memory compatible with my board but i thing i cant :( The thing i dont understand its bout this memory is supposed to be full compatible with my A7N8X. One of my cousin have A7N8X Deluxe and he have 1GIG of CORSAIR CMX512-3200LLPT PC3200 512MB 2-3-2 LOW LATENCY SILVER HEAT SPREADER. He have no trouble and a great result. Is it possible about my CMX512-3200C2 is not compatible with my A7N8X? I have 1GIG too. If my memory is not broken but just not compatible is it possible for you to send me 2 units of CMX512-3200LL for changing my CMX512-3200C2? Cause when i buy this memory the specification tell me it was 100% compatible with a A7N8X MoBo I wait for your reply. Thx

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry that you are having trouble with our memory, but with 2 single XMS3200C2 modules the suggested settings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7. Only the Twinx3200C2 would be rated at Cass 2-3-3-6 with 2 modules. So I would try setting the timings to: SDRAM Active Precharge Delay: 7 SDRAM Ras to Cas Delay: 3 SDRAM Ras Precharge Delay: 3 SDRAM Cas Latency: 2.5T DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7V And see if that helps. Other than that I have no problem to try replacing your modules as I have stated in my previous post. Also I am sorry as we do not sell direct and would have no way to offer an upgrade to another part. You are welcome to ask the reseller if they can help. But all I can offer is to replace the modules you have for the same part. Ram Guy

Ok my memory is send to you by Purolator Air, you gonna received it Thuesday, but plzz Ram Guy can you test the unit you gonna ship me back with a A7N8X Rev 1.06. At least im gonna be sure it work this time. Cause if it dont work im gonna returned it to the seller for another model (ex: Infineon), its more simple for me to change my memory vs changing my Motherboard. Or make a exception and send me the LL model if you sure it work with a A7N8X, a lot of ppls tell me about Corsair is the best memory on the market and i want to keep mine. So can you make a customer happy. :winking: Tomcat

Tomkat, the new module u will receive will do exactly the same thing as ur old one. Blame ASUS for the shoddy boards :shootme: There is a very bad compatibility issue with the a7n8x and the xms3200C2 non LL versions. You are now about the 5th guy in these forums that is experiencing what the rest of us a7n8x users are.

I dont' know that I blame Asus yet ... I think they are good baords, Based on the Nforce 2 Ultra , These just don't seem to the most compatable ...IT may turn out I wasted my money and the Twnx PC3200LL are going to act the same way .... I'll find out tomorrow around noon though ... I AM in fact very happy to see that the his friend has the 3200ll's and no problems with them ...

• Corsair Employee
I think you are missing something here. So lets try it this way. For Intel platform If the FSB of your CPU is 400 MHz, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 For AMD platform If the FSB of your CPU is 100 MHz, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 133 or 166 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 200 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 Ram Guy

• 2 weeks later...
RAM GUY ,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i received my new memory and i never got so much speed and stability!!! I run a 3dBenchmark and got a wonderful score of 14853 with my new Gforce FX 5900 ultra and my new memory unit its too awesome!!! Thx again Ramguy U make a custumer soo happy! :D :D :D :D CORSAIR RULEZZZ

Sounds about right , When I ran that exact same memory , I got it stabalized at exactly 180 FSB ... Glad It's working for you ... Trust me I know how frustrating it is :) Good 'ol orsair .. This is my first time owning Corsair .... So far I'm highly impressed .... Now if only I can get my timings to 2-2-2-11 :)

Archived