Corsair Community

.NET framework 4.6.1 needed to install

Pimpslapper

It seems the newest available version (4.2.4.25) of CL only works with this version of .net framework or better? It took me a week of trying to figure out why CL would not install until I happened upon a different forum that it only works with the above mentioned .net framework. Once I installed that and reinstalled CL it worked, but it would be nice if Corsair added it to the installer or at least to the FAQs :mad:

The problem was, it would install, and then when I clicked finish, nothing happened...no install and nothing in the install folder. Hope this helps someone else having the same issue.

Windows 7 up to date is the system I run.

Windows 7 up to date is the system I run.

I reinstalled Windows 7 on this system on 23-Mar-2016 and after checking .NET 4.6.1 was installed when I installed all the patches.

I suspect it's an Optional Important Update so may not get installed automatically.

The CL4 installation procedure should have checked that it is installed and if not installed it. Corsair failing to do this is as usual rather unprofessional :(:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26127&stc=1&d=1470599427

886225284__NET4.6.1OptionalImportantUpdate.png.1af2d8e25d6424722b910a24e601a946.png

Thanks Red. I was actually just fixing to send you some screenshots to figure out the issue, then I thought...the problem must be that the CL version can't install...anyway glad it works now.

Yes, they should check if it is installed on W7 or at least warn to make sure you have the latest installed.

cheers,

Pimp

Archived