Corsair Community

Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse Wheel

arobson13

For a little while my mouse wheel seems to be acting up. It is no longer scrolling fluently and is stuttering or switches directions at random. I am going to pick up a can on air to give it a spray, and I was curious if any other people have had this issue.

What side should I direct the air flow?

Since the mouse is now out of warranty, would it be safe to open up to have a look and better clean?

Are there are instructions that I can follow so I do not damage my mouse and that allows me to reassemble without any further problems?

The mouse is on sale right now, and I wonder if I should just repurchase the mouse, but I want to make sure this mouse wheel issue is not something that is prone for this model.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by arobson13

• 2 months later...

Update: I was able to get an air compressor, and give the mouse wheel a good hard clean without having to open up the device and remove the slide pads on the bottom to access the screws. I was also using tweezers and a toothpick to pull out any clumps of dust.

I believe the dust is the issue for this mouse, and as soon as I cleaned it, and given a few days of constant use, it seems I no longer have any mouse wheel issues.

This might be a reoccurring issue with this mouse, so I will have to periodically spray it out to keep it functional without and skips or jumps.

Edited by arobson13