Corsair Community

Corsair link likes to ruin my life with unsigned drivers

NuKIOUS

k this problem is driving me crazy so I might as-well post it

FYI I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Alright, I have an AX1200i and Corsair Link thinks it's funny to have a "Corsair Link USB Dongle" entry in the Device Manager which is apparently "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

This is making me go crazy, literally. I've tried disabling digital signature checking, I've tried rebooting about 50 times, I've tried reinstalling, I've tried updating the driver, but no matter what, the corsair link dongle is just giving me a "nope, go kill yourself"

:mad: I'm not exactly a happy customer at the moment, no versions of Corsair Link have fixed this issue, and it doesn't even look like any of the installers for the corsair link software actually install the drivers, which is probably why i'm getting this error since it's just Windows Update that is installing the drivers for me.

I'm not sure if it's actually a digital signage problem, or the fact that every time Windows Update's driver service installs the driver it shows "Failed" however still appears in the device manager with the warning triangle icon at the error 52 code.

Seriously, I need help. I can't live with the inability to control the system fans plugged into my AX1200i... Without this driver the "Power" tab in the Corsair Link software isn't showing up, and that's all I need ._.

Oh and a little bonus to my worries; Apparently this site is handling my login password insecurely... Maybe you should fix your login script too, because it's a little bit silly to transfer someone's password in plain text, ISN'T IT???

Do you do any better with the attached CL 3.2.5742 Drivers?

Also if you have a H100i, H80i, CL Mini or old Commander and you C-Link attach the AX1200i via that you will not need the dongle driver at all as they use the MS HID drivers.

I don't have any of the parts you listed, I just have an AX1200i. But i'll try the CL 3.2.5742 drivers. Thing is, I can't figure out how I install them. I can uninstall the driver Windows auto-installs, but then I loose which "USB" port the dongle is running on, because it then changes the name to "Unknown Device" and it completely disappears from the device manager, and then I can't install it. On the point that Windows doesn't loose the driver config window, I can open the "Update Driver" window and navigate to the folder I extracted the driver to, but then Windows says it couldn't find the driver in the directory. Wat?

Archived