Corsair Community

USB Cables

xsnred

Sorry for being a dummy here but it's been a while since I built a system and I see I'm over my head with these new system components. Anyway, as you can see I am building the machine that is listed in my profile but I am stuck with which USB cable to connect into the mobo. As there are 2 USB connectors coming from the front panel and only one USB connection on the mobo does that mean only 2 of the 4 USB ports on the panel will work? I see lots of ppl have many issues with connections with this case, I'm surprised Corsair doesn't put out a PDF on this case. I have a few more issues but I will save myself the embarrassment and not ask any more questions here unless I get real stuck. BTW, Asus manual is not all that great either as they just say plug in stuff without telling why or if. Thanks in advance for any help.

It's your mobo (R3E) since it only comes with 1 USB header so you can only use 2 out of 4 ports on that front panel.

I have an Asus Rampage III Formula which comes with 2 USB headers on it so problem solved. Don't know why Asus decides to put only 1 USB header on their high-end board though (perhaps an oversight?).

I recently needed an extra internal USB header, and the NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion Card (google it) was the perfect solution. Cost me $18 with shipping.

It's a small 3.5X6.5" circuit board that has an adhesive backing that I stuck to the tray next to the motherboard. Connects to a MB USB header and your PSU, for power. It provides three USB headers, plus two normal USB sockets.

I had driver conflict problems with one of the more common USB PCI type cards, but the NZXT IU01 requires no drivers, so not problem.

The Corsair 600T looks like it has a place designed just for the card haha

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/denydog/DPP_1_3_11_NZXTIU01_0001.jpg

Archived