Corsair Community

How do I set up multiple key map profiles in multiple games?

Howdy Folks,

I purchased my K95 RGB keyboard when it first came out and managed to get CUE1 working the way I wanted it to. But it seems that something's changed in the transition from CUE1 to CUE2 that I totally missed... and I mean REALLY missed :p: I've been setting up programmable keyboards and other programmable peripherals since the original Logitech G15 days and though I may struggle a bit I have always been able to noodle things out- but it seems I've met my match with CUE2. So let me present a nutshell of what it is I want to do and hopefully one of you can pull me from the abyss.

I play multiple games and in each game I want to set up multiple G key mappings selectable with the M1, M2 and M3 buttons. Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO) is my primary game and in that game there are 2 combat situations I want separate G key mappings for: mounted and unmounted combat. As long as LotRO is the only game I have profiles set up for it works fine- M1 selects my unmounted G key mapping and M2 selects my mounted one. But when I try to set up a key mapping profile in another game that profile defaults to M3. And then if I try to set up a profile in a third game it doesn't default to any M button because, well, there aren't any left.

Obviously as I stated in the first paragraph, I'm really missing something. Can someone please lend a hand?

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you're going for, but CUE2 has an option to link profiles to specific applications - this way the profile will automatically be launched when you start your game. If I'm understanding it correctly, you could have one of your LotRO profiles launch when the game is started, then set up an Action for a mouse (or keyboard) button of your choice to switch to the other LotRO profile (and have an Action using the same button on there to switch back).

I'm not sure I understand what you're going for, but CUE2 has an option to link profiles to specific applications - this way the profile will automatically be launched when you start your game. If I'm understanding it correctly, you could have one of your LotRO profiles launch when the game is started, then set up an Action for a mouse (or keyboard) button of your choice to switch to the other LotRO profile (and have an Action using the same button on there to switch back).

What I have right now is 4 profiles linked to 3 executables:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkFvCvBbc6aBinhebp2jRsySvz5I

As you can see the LotRO Unmounted and LotRO Mounted profiles are linked to LotRO's executable and were assigned to buttons M1 and M2 respectively which work as I want them to.

Then I created the SotA profile linked to SotA's executable. What I want to do now is create key mappings within that profile that I can assign to buttons M1 - M3 but again as you can see that profile got assigned to the M3 button.

Then I created the Star Citizen profile linked to Star Citizen's executable. Here again what I want to do is create key mappings within that profile that I can assign to buttons M1 - M3 and here's where it gets weird- that profile didn't get assigned to any M button because there are none left.

Generally speaking I want to be able to create profiles for whatever number of games I have installed on my computer and be able to create up to 3 key mappings within each game's profile assigned to buttons M1 - M3. That's how I had CUE1 set up (IIRC in CUE1 I could set up modes within a game's profile and assign those modes to buttons M1 - M3) and I'm trying to figure out how to translate that into CUE2.

Howdy Folks,

I purchased my K95 RGB keyboard when it first came out and managed to get CUE1 working the way I wanted it to. But it seems that something's changed in the transition from CUE1 to CUE2 that I totally missed... and I mean REALLY missed :p: I've been setting up programmable keyboards and other programmable peripherals since the original Logitech G15 days and though I may struggle a bit I have always been able to noodle things out- but it seems I've met my match with CUE2. So let me present a nutshell of what it is I want to do and hopefully one of you can pull me from the abyss.

I play multiple games and in each game I want to set up multiple G key mappings selectable with the M1, M2 and M3 buttons. Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO) is my primary game and in that game there are 2 combat situations I want separate G key mappings for: mounted and unmounted combat. As long as LotRO is the only game I have profiles set up for it works fine- M1 selects my unmounted G key mapping and M2 selects my mounted one. But when I try to set up a key mapping profile in another game that profile defaults to M3. And then if I try to set up a profile in a third game it doesn't default to any M button because, well, there aren't any left.

Obviously as I stated in the first paragraph, I'm really missing something. Can someone please lend a hand?

Thanks

I set up CUE folders for each executable, and in each folder the CUE profiles are mapped to the executable. For multiple profiles, have a PROFILE SWITCH action mapped to keys, so that you can redefine your keys to have multiple values. Normally, the first, second, and third profiles within such a folder will be automatically mapped to the M1, M2, and M3 buttons, for manual switching.

I set up CUE folders for each executable' date=' and in each folder the CUE profiles are mapped to the executable. For multiple profiles, have a PROFILE SWITCH action mapped to keys, so that you can redefine your keys to have multiple values. Normally, the first, second, and third profiles within such a folder will be automatically mapped to the M1, M2, and M3 buttons, for manual switching.[/quote']

Ya know, I did that, it seemed logical and intuitive to me so I did it and IT DIDN'T WORK!

Now it does

What kinda spell you cast over the interwebz that fixed my CUE?

You don't have to answer that

Oh, and thanks

:D:

Archived