Corsair Community

Advice needed on using iCUE on a Prebuilt PC

pbxtechzero

I recently acquired a prebuilt PC with a variety of Corsair parts and I need advice on how I can use iCUE to control them. These are the components I would like to control in iCUE:

+ H115i RGB Platinum (The device is auto-detected and I can control the the pump but not the fans)

+ Vengeance Pro RGB RAM (This is auto-detected and works fine)

+ MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge RGB motherboard (Not detected by iCUE)

+ Crystal 460X Case w/3 SP120 Fans (These three fans as well as the two fans on the H115i are connected to an RGB fan LED hub. This is connected to a 3 button SP Lighting controller, the controller controls the 3 SP120 fans but not the fans on the H115i and none of them are detected in iCUE)

+ The PC also came with a Cyberpower USB keyboard and mouse with RGB lighting, is it possible to control these in iCUE?

I have read Zotty's post and it seems like I need at least a Lighting Node Pro to see all theses devices in iCUE. Is this the right part and will it allow me to control all the above devices in iCUE? Thanks!

iCUE will only control Corsair products, so the keyboard/mouse are out as are all motherboards.

H115i Platinum fans - Do these show up under the cooler tab in iCUE? Or just the pump? Builders often connect everything directly to the motherboard to make it "idiot" proof, even if that is not the intended use. If there are no fan visible in iCUE, it probably means they are connected to the MB. There should be TWO 2-way splitters on the H115i. One for fan power. One for fan lighting.

SP-RGB fans - These were made to work on the push button only. They will work within iCUE if you get a Lighting Node Pro (software interface). You might as well get it with the RGB strip kit, unless you are thinking of replacing the SP-RGB fans with something else.

Edited by c-attack
Motherboard not keyboard! Predictive text sucks
  • Confused 1

Thank you c-attack for your quick and accurate reply! You are correct, the H115i fan RGB cables were connected to the RGB fan LED hub, I moved them to the pump cables and now they are available in iCUE.

I purchased and installed Lighting Node Pro and connected the hub with the 3 SP fans on it and I am now able to control them in iCUE as well.

Thanks again for the valuable advice.