Corsair Community

Removing mirror finish from 570x

Kezzeki

Hey all,

Bit of an odd question.

I have a mirror black 570x and well... I’d really like it to not be mirror, as it’s basically impossible to see into my case and the thing reflects the sun directly into my face. Not sure if this was an option from new as my local retailer only had mirror black or white.

Has anyone tried this before? I don’t want to destroy the panels and I’m not entirely sure how the mirror finish is done (film, coating, science?).

Thanks!

Maybe someone has tried, but I suspect anyone who wanted the standard smoked glass got that version. The problem is you likely need a fairly strong acid, but even if successful it may always have the traces of the original finish. Good chance this ends badly.

It may be better to buy the replacement panels for the standard 570. I don't know if they are all bothering you, but for the side panel alone this seems like a better path.

Maybe someone has tried, but I suspect anyone who wanted the standard smoked glass got that version. The problem is you likely need a fairly strong acid, but even if successful it may always have the traces of the original finish. Good chance this ends badly.

It may be better to buy the replacement panels for the standard 570. I don't know if they are all bothering you, but for the side panel alone this seems like a better path.

As I’m in a fairly remote part of Canada, shipping those panels will probably be more than it’s worth.

I may just replace the case with a different option and see if someone local is interested in this one.