Corsair Community

Asus Prime z390a all of sudden not showing up in icue

nezff

My Asus z390a prime motherboard has been working fine since day 1 with aura installed and icue. My motherboard showed up fine in icue and could be controlled in icue. Today, after coming back to the pc, I woke it up and no mobo in icue. restarted service, uninstalled icue, reinstalled icue and aura, the usual. The light on my motherboard was just solid red but all other corsair devices were acting as usual. I simply restarted the service and the motherboard never showed back up.

Also, my motherboard is not showing up in Asus aura either.

Please help. thanks.

Edited by nezff

hi buddy,,, try powering down... unplugging your PSU cable.. count to 10.. plug it back in.. restart.... any change?

aura/crate is a mess and i have known the above bring mine back,

the fact its missing from aura tells you this is not an iCUE problem...

Edited by Zotty
  • Like 1

Just got this message Zotty. But before going to bed, I unplugged my pc for the entire night. Just woke up to make coffee and plugged it back in. When I plugged it back in, the motherboard lit up immediately. Who knew. Thank you for this.

This little issue has never happened before. I have had the weird lighting after coming back from sleep mode where the mobo isnt same color etc.. Usually a restart of icue service or a restart solves this.

yay!! glad its back dude... ok.. so.. mine hasnt done this since i did the html update within armoury crate. so i advise you check all your asus stuff is up to date duder :)

Armoury crate? Ive seen a couple talking about this program, but never used it. I only have aura which I downloaded from asus.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/download.php

Stick to the Aura standalone if you can. Armory Crate is a lot of baggage. Also watch out for the hidden BIOS setting on Z390/490 boards (Adv BIOS -> Tools) that will automatically download the package as soon as it detects an internet connection. Fortunately, Windows now forces it to ask permission first. Edited by c-attack

Stick to the Aura standalone if you can. Armory Crate is a lot of baggage. Also watch out for the hidden BIOS setting in Z390/490 boards that will automatically download the package as soon as it detects an internet connection. Fortunately, Windows now forces it to ask permission first.

i have a very old bios. came with the board. .0506

there have been 12 updates after the one i have.

no way to set my OLED up with out it unfortunately. which was the main reason i got this board... i dont 'use' crate for anything other than that really

would also seem that the only issue i have had with crate is the same issue the OP has had with out.. and as seen.. unplugging the psu sorted it.

5 days stable for me now... which for mobo lighting and loss of it in aura or crate (which then forces the same in iCUE) is not the norm lol.

Edited by Zotty