Corsair Community

Are these Corsair memories dual channel compatible

badlands

Hey all. So i bought my Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 memory back in 2015, CPU-Z tells me the Part Number is: CM3X8GA1600C10V2

I was checking if i could still find a stick that will dual channel with this old one im currently using, and i found one with the following SKU number in a store here in my country:

CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

Then i found this page about the memory: https://www.corsair.com/br/pt/Categorias/Produtos/Mem%C3%B3ria/VENGEANCE%C2%AE-%E2%80%94-8GB-DDR3-Memory-Kit-%28CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10%29/p/CM3X8GA1600C10V2

As you can see, both of the codes (CM3X8GA1600C10V2 and CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) can be seen in the page above as belonging to the same memory.

In case you missed it, CM3X8GA1600C10V2 is shown just above the title, in smaller sized letters, lighter color.

Even with that im still a bit skeptical that they will dual channel, because i bought mine so long ago (end of 2015), and im afraid these more recently fabricated ones will not dual channel with mine.

Just looking for some opinions if you guys think they will dual channel or not, before i buy the new one. Thanks!

Edited by badlands

The answer is always maybe. Combing two different single sticks manufactured as much as 5 years apart may not work out. Combining mixed kits can cause issues even when they are the same. You may want to price the cost of a new 2x8 DDR3 kit with desired frequency and timings vs the price of the single 8GB + the cost of returning it and decide if it's worth the risk.

• Corsair Employee

As C-Attack said, mixing kits can introduce odd behavior.

It should still work in dual channel, however you may run into issues getting the rated speed through XMP for these sticks since you're mixing kits.

If you end up having issues, I'd suggest returning the newer stick and trying to get a kit with two modules as already suggested since those modules would have been tested as a pair.

As C-Attack said, mixing kits can introduce odd behavior.

It should still work in dual channel, however you may run into issues getting the rated speed through XMP for these sticks since you're mixing kits.

If you end up having issues, I'd suggest returning the newer stick and trying to get a kit with two modules as already suggested since those modules would have been tested as a pair.

Understood, thanks!

• Administrators
As you can see, both of the codes (CM3X8GA1600C10V2 and CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) can be seen in the page above as belonging to the same memory.

In case you missed it, CM3X8GA1600C10V2 is shown just above the title, in smaller sized letters, lighter color.

Those are two different part numbers that should not be on the same product page. I've asked for it to be fixed.