Corsair Community

[HELP] Memory not matched with site suggested

cubluwt

Hi,

I have lenovo E540 with default/factories memory, and it's only 4GB. I want to upgrade again with 4GB, and I was searched the compatible memory in corsair site, but the site suggested me with CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9 model/type with capacities 16GB, it was too large for me, and I can't afford it.

I've been asking some store and they said just use this memory type:

Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3L SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11) it's still the same or will matched with my notebook.

But the site suggested this type:

Vengeance® — 16GB High Performance Laptop Memory Upgrade Kit (CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9)

Before I buy it, I need some suggestion, will it matched of fit with my notebook.

Thank you very much, I need your help.

Best Regards,

Kris

shop for CMSX8GX3M2B1600C9

you shouldn't mix 2 kits of ram that were not matched in the factory, this 8G stick will suit your capacity requirement and not have to risk causing instability with 2 different sets in the same board.

Thank you for your suggestion :biggrin:

I will buy another corsair mem, because I already have the 4GB Mem Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3L SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11). I will add 8Gb more with the same type, is it alright I add 4 and 8 GB with the same types?

not suggested, supported or recommended to mix ram, even the same part#

for best supported results all the ram should come from 1 single package of the capacity you desire in order to be fully compatible.

mixing ram is a roll of the dice, you can take your chances but its your wallet ;)

Archived