Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

good idea....

It stops all sequencing.

Fan 1 is still a single blue led

fan 2 no lights

fan 3 original colors but no rain sequence

So I switch multiple ports between one and three in various configurations and I think that that specific fan is just shot so I'm going to send it back for a replacement which should be here Thursday.

it all seems pretty cool though now that I have it able to sink and can actually look at all of the features however there is a new problem that I have not figured out It's less to do with RGB but it has to do with an AIO cooler It's the 100i The person who gave it to me has been trying to troubleshoot it with me via Facebook messenger but I couldn't get any thing out of that.

With an IQ fan one is that however many RPMs 2000 or something like that fan two was at none and the pump is at 2000 I think I mean it's stable either way I don't know if that's too high or too low but the problem is fan two is at zero. I thought maybe it was supposed to be like that and then once the computer gets under load fan two kicks in is kind of a backup. so I sent my message and I was like is this pretty normal and he said no actually it's not so I stand up and put my hands above the fans The back fan I feel coldish air but the closer fan seems a little warm so I'm thinking maybe that's the one that's not running.

From there he told me to go to the BIOS and try to mess with fan controls because it has to be switched to 12 volt which I cooperated with a few searches. however I couldn't find anything explaining the MSI bios settings for all the different fan controls which has different terminology than other motherboard manufacturers. I took off smart fan for the fan setting CPU and switched it to DC and saved and started but still nothing

Problem solved a connection must've been loosened in the build

Edited by Necrocombine88

Yeah I appreciate you man should this replacement fan go in without any issues much luckily since it's just the back fan I don't have to take apart a lot to get to it and should the RAM actually work as intended for once I should be all done with this build besides upgrading my GPU in the future

Oh that looks dope!

but is the splitter needed?

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your original post...

By the way, 2 way splitters are needed if you plan to use more than 6 fans and want to control all of them within iCue (which is something I would recommend to everyone).

If you plan for example to put 8 fans in you case, you may choose to manage 6 via iCue and connect the other 2 to the mobo... that will work even if it's somethibg I'd never recommend.

cause if i do like you, mount my h150i with the noe rgb fans to the back, and add 3 rgb on the otherside couldn't i just connect the 3 fans on the rad to pwr on the motherboard? since their main job would just to cool the rad, which would be cooled from two sides? or am i wrong ?

First... the 3 RGB fans I have in front of my AIO's radiator are there just for aesthetic reasons... they spin costantly @ the minimum speed of 300rpm. I chose to set this way because a push/pull configuration gives no such improvement in temperatures.

But if you decide to go for a "full" push/pull configuration, then you should plug all the fans into the AIO's header, as they should work in synch. They will follow the AIO's liquid temperature and you'll be able to set them within iCue.

I don't really know if the H150i can support such a setup, but in this scenario the 2 way splitters come back in the game, because it would be 6 fans for 3 headers.. Maybe it's better for you to ask this question in the cooling section of the forum and see if there is someone who knows the answer for sure.

Baio

Ps. so, have you decided the AIO and fans position in the case?

There is a test video on YT, some crazy guy tested all possible configurations of AIO and fans in the previous O11 Dynamic, results are quite interesting.

Hi all,

I have the commander pro and 2 lightning node corers controlling 11 Corsair QL Fans (8 140MM and 3 120mm) I have them in sequential order in the lighting cores. 1 core does all the lighting on the fans on the outside of the case (5 Fans), the other does the 6 fans inside the case. Is there a way to get the two lighting profiles on each node core to run in sequential order with each other or at least sync at the same time?

Hi. I have a Corsair system made up of a Corsair 680x case, Aorus Master x570 motherboard. I also have a Commander pro, several node pros and two Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub controller. I would like to control all the fans by one device including the H100 SE AIO ones.

I am wondering which diagram would be best for my setup, thanks.

Edited by swarfega

Hi Zotty, 8 fans, 6 case and 2 AIO. They are LL120s.

I am trying to reduce the number of RGB boxes.

Edit: I also have Corsair's lighting strips. I am also getting this today as there aren't enough ports on the motherboard:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015KG6HP0/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by swarfega

No mate thats for the 570x Mirror black using the H150i that doesnt have RGB Fans.

to do what you want you would need to add a 2nd RGB Fan LED Hub. but you still wouldnt get 8 fans to sync sequentially. its groups of 6 i am afraid..

Hi Zotty,

Is there any guide I can follow to go deeper into iCue's RGB custom effects?

I'd like to create something more complex (for example an effect based on "Arc" but with 4 colors instead of 2), but I can't figure out how the software works.

Thanks.

Baio

Edited by Baio

yay! well done buddy :)

The only problem is that if you use sequential, the fans operate in order as expected but when it comes to the AIO's turn it does the first fan then the second fan as normal then changes to another colouro instead of moving to fan 1.