Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 with Asus Crosshair Extreme

kaas

Has anyone set up a system with Vengence DDR3 8G 2x4G?

I am possibly running in to an issue with win 7x64 where I get random BSOD's. At first I suspected the MB however ASUS replaced it and still issues arise, Sitting Idle the system is great.. However a rig like this isnt ment to sit..

Any help would be awsome.. and Info I can give I will.

Thanks

Kaas,

Is the memory you are installing listed on the QVL for the motherboard? I have the Crosshair 4 Formula (couldn't wait for the extreme) and the QVL (qualified vendor list) for memory is VERY limited. I was shocked at the limited amount of memory choices........this board is very finicky about memory. If you get an opportunity, register at ASUS website, and check out the forum devoted to the motherboard (each board has its own forum) and you will see that just about everyone who eschewed the ASUS memory QVL is having problems. Cosair is on the list, but only specific modules.

Ok, I ran memtest on each chip for 24 hours each, absolutly 0(Zero) errors..

this MB has so many damn setting , I could seriously get lost.. I a m going to list them here with how they are set...

DRAM Frequency [1600MHz]

There is a section called DRAM Driving Configuration

Many Strange settings (I can list them if it is deemed Necessary)

DRAM Voltage 1.508 [1.50000]

DRAM 1st Information : 9-9-9-24-5-34-10-5

DRAM CAS# Latency 9 9 [9 CLK]

DRAM RAS# to CAS Delay 9 [9 CLK]

DRAM RAS# PRE Time 9 [9 CLK]

DRAM RAS# ACT Time 24 [24 CLK]

DRAM READ to PRE Time 5 [Auto]

DRAM Row Cycle Time 34 [Auto]

DRAM WRITE Recovery Time 10 [Auto]

DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay 5 [Auto]

DRAM 2nd Information : 8-2-5-4-4-160-7.8ms-1T

DRAM READ to WRITE Delay 8 [Auto]

DRAM WRITE to READ Delay(DD) 2 [Auto]

DRAM WRITE to READ Delay(SD) 5 [Auto]

DRAM WRITE to WRITE Timing 4 [Auto]

DRAM READ to READ Timing 4 [Auto]

DRAM REF Cycle Time 160 [Auto]

DRAM Refresh Rate 7.8 [Auto]

DRAM Command Rate 1T [Auto]

This isn't much info. to work with... If everything is stock, you've confirmed the BIOS RAM settings match the label on the DIMMS and you're using the latest BIOS, you can also try setting the CPU-NB / VDDNB to ~1.25 V.

Many Voltage Settings, here is what I See:

CPU & NB Voltage Mode [Offset]

CPU Offset Voltage 1.290 [Auto]

CPU/NB Offset Voltage 1.144 [Auto]

CPU VDDA Voltage 2.507 [Auto]

DRAM Voltage 1.508 [1.50000]

HT Voltage 1.210 [Auto]

NB Voltage 1.105 [Auto]

NB 1.8v Voltage 1.802 [Auto]

SB Voltage 1.085 [Auto]

VDDR Voltage 1.205 [Auto]

VDDPCIE Voltage 1.113 [Auto]

yea im having the same issue running a CHIVE and 1090T with CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 i've tweaked and played around with every thing I can think of , I know this ram is not on the QVL and I also know this board is picky. I can go days with out BSOD but it depends on how high I set the Mhz for the ram.

I've run Memtest for 5 passes no errors prime and super PI all stable, but still out of no were BSOD I found lowering the Latency and over clocking the CPU over 4 gig makes it more stable.

I'm not new to O/Cing but I feel like a new kid after looking at the BIOS in the Extreme.

also just want to add im glad I am not the only freak buying retarded high ram

Well, I think I have solved the problem..

It appears that the onboard network controller does not play well with Win 7x64, I have used the latest drivers and even tried pervious "stable" drivers..

I went and purchased a PCI network card, disabled the onboard controller and it has been stable ever since, I have run multiple tests on the system and integrity, nothing crashes...

So I am lead to believe that the drivers or some sort of bios revision are the cause...

I will try and work this one out with ASUS, they do not have the smae quality support forums as Corisair..

Thank You all for your help...

Logical steps, once I was able to obtain the mini dump I saw a trend in the. one of the files it had multiple BSOD's on was tcpip.sys the other was e1q62x64.sys which is the system driver for the intel network interface.

I had tried juat about every update for the intel nic..

And simply I have replaced all items in this pc, ASUS tech said it was the ram.. this I know not to be true.. the second tech person said it was a bad MB.. well .. I figured the common issue was network based so I went and picked up a cheap nic.. the rest is history...

I would love to figure out how to get the onboard to play nice with the OS, without dealing with asus tech support.. we will see.

I want to thank you Kaas I have been searching and doing everything I could think of and like you every one keeps saying RAM . I believe you are correct on this

I would love to figure out how to get the onboard to play nice with the OS, without dealing with asus tech support.. we will see.

I just wanted to add that since my last post I have had NO BSOD (thanks KAAS ).

I went to Intel's site and D/L the driver for the CHIVE on board NIC I'm using this http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&lang=eng&wapkw=%28intel+82583V+Gigabit+Network+Connection%29

I couldn't bring my self to using any of my real estate for a add on NIC card, just the thought was killing me.

I went to Intel's site and D/L the driver for the CHIVE on board NIC I'm using this http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...+Connection%29

Excellent, I see the time stamp on this new driver, I guess if you complain enough someone listens.. apparently you need to completely uninstall any previous versions of the intel software.. so obviously there is an issues with the previous version including that which comes on the asus cd..

I will try this new driver as well..

Archived