Corsair Community

We need Gaming mice with Wheel Tilt

sutex

Its 2020 would like to know if/when Corsair will release an equivalent Logitech G502 mouse, that is a Corsair gaming mouse with wheel tilt

So have no problem at all in jumping ship to Corsair, as iCUE software is so much better given what Ive read. The only issue I have is your Corsair mice don't have wheel tilt and I need wheel tilt for my gaming macros.

Thanks and please post a release date :D:

Edited by Wired
rule 9

Can Corsair answer please?

I need answers not guesses, I'm spending money buying tech, only to be stuffed around with crap software by Logitech

So can someone from Corsair give me answers so I know what I have to do, thanks

Edited by sutex

• 3 weeks later...
Can some from Corsair please answer. Its a simple question

No, it’s not. What do you expect them to say? “Sure, per your request we have now implemented your design suggestion and in 12 months it will be on the market. Royalty checks forthcoming.” Do you normally get invited to internal production and design strategy sessions because you tell them you once bought a product? It’s fine to ask for it, hope for it, dream of it, whatever. Demand an answer? You can’t be that naive.

No, it’s not. What do you expect them to say? “Sure, per your request we have now implemented your design suggestion and in 12 months it will be on the market. Royalty checks forthcoming.” Do you normally get invited to internal production and design strategy sessions because you tell them you once bought a product? It’s fine to ask for it, hope for it, dream of it, whatever. Demand an answer? You can’t be that naive.

Royalty checks forthcoming? , all I get is users responses nothing from Corsair And drop the attitude, If you don't know don't answer.

The question was at Corsair, is a wheel tilt beyond them or something?

• 2 months later...
Big + to this! I am interesting in the Dark Core Pro SE and what holds me back is lack of wheel tilt and also 1 less button - like the older Dark Core had - but possitioned differently, similarly to Logitech G502, but not as far as Logitech got it. Make that mouse, put any price tag, I will buy it:)

Royalty checks forthcoming? , all I get is users responses nothing from Corsair And drop the attitude, If you don't know don't answer.

The question was at Corsair, is a wheel tilt beyond them or something?

I think you should be the one that has to drop the attitude, if anyone.

There might be plenty of reasons to not have this feature, as c-attack already mentioned. It might also not be Corsair's #1 priority to please some random forum member.

If you desperately need this functio, stick with the other mouse manufacturer?

• 2 weeks later...
Big + to this! I am interesting in the Dark Core Pro SE and what holds me back is lack of wheel tilt and also 1 less button - like the older Dark Core had - but possitioned differently, similarly to Logitech G502, but not as far as Logitech got it. Make that mouse, put any price tag, I will buy it:)

If you read Reddit r/LogitechG threads there are post ages old complaining about the G-Hub software, this is why.

If you upgrade your older Logitech mouse or any older peripherals, you'll have to upgrade to the G-Hub software to run your new tech. And then run G-HUB and LGS at the same time, and they do not like working together, so all your older Logitech peripherals will work.

As G-HUB is not backward compatible, players are either forced to buy new keyboards, mouse, headsets etc that run under G-Hub or try a find older Logitech products to replace what worked under LGS software, as I tried to do, which for most players is replacing their WHEEL TILT MOUSE!

NOW if G-Hub worked as well as LGS, the dodgy non backward compatibly issue may be over looked by players and they might go ahead and buy everything new and then only run G-HUB.

BUT! G-HUB is a software wreak and is known as G-Dud as the Reddit thread shows. So players want to keep using LGS software, it works, and not rely on Logitech G-HUB software

Enter Corsair.

So the ball is in the Corsair court, make a wheel tilt mouse, long the lines of the logitech 502 and I and others will gladly jump ship and buy that mouse and a new Corsair keyboard, thus am able to keep running my G19 LCD and all my apps with LGS software running and not have to worry that my gaming peripherals, will all freak out and stop working.

For those weirdly speaking on behalf of Corsair saying stop bothering the Corsair developers, and asking, I say this. I already own two Corsair water coolers running expensive rigs and it's in my interest to have all my peripherals, under the same software. Beside Corsair will make a buck too. :)

Edited by sutex

• 1 month later...

Just for the record Logitech G -Hub software no longer supports my near $300 dollar 815 keyboard (nothing on the download page or mentioned in G-Duds supported version page)

Which I don't use as it conflicts with my G19 LCD screen, but with all that, it sums up Logitech software perfectly, useless.

And referring back to the wheel tilt mouse maybe china will will invent one and a macro keyboard software to work with it

Edited by sutex

To be honest, dropping G-Hub for iCue wouldn't be an improvement unless you like a mouse driver to hog your CPU.

What i'd love to see, going back to logitech is a disengage button for the mouse wheel click. That's what i miss the most from the G502.

To be honest, dropping G-Hub for iCue wouldn't be an improvement unless you like a mouse driver to hog your CPU.

What i'd love to see, going back to logitech is a disengage button for the mouse wheel click. That's what i miss the most from the G502.

60 years have passed since Douglas Engelbart, with the assistance of Bill English come up with the idea. I'm just flabbergasted, that in 2020, nearly 2021 the MOUSE is still underdeveloped a critical piece of tech for the modern PC.

Patents hogging the know how, have stuffed up consumers choice for a mouse. All mouse tech should be open source.

Then build quality, CPU usage, functionality and software interface becomes the choice for buyers, with brand loyalty.

Edited by sutex

Then go back to the G502.

Then go back to the G502.

You're missing the point, for me at least, Logitech software is not backward compatible and they have even dropped referencing that G-Dud software works with the 815 keyboard. Let alone the older version of the G502 mouse.

The wish is Corsair makes a Wheel tilt mouse like the 502 has all the functionality and the software is backward compatible and not a CPU hog.. Maybe in a 100 years this will be possible or China just 'invents' something.

• 5 months later...