Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso sounds TERRIBLE with Spotify! (FIXED)

KEEVS

When I first received the Virtuoso I thought it sounded TERRIBLE and couldn't figure out why this was considered a "premium" headset. My problem was always when listening to music. The music had some weird sort of sound dampening going on. Almost as if the speakers inside the unit were either being over or under powered. Anytime I listened to metalcore/hip hop, it sounded horrible. I was about to return the headset when I found something out...

Spotify's volume slider should NEVER EVER be at max (With the Virtuoso's at least). I did some analyzing and found that setting the slider to "11" instead of using the usual "16" (Max) gave me the sound quality that Corsair was claiming. Once Spotify was set to "11" I then turned up the Windows 10 System volume way up and DAMN! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The issue seems to be that Spotify applies some sort of software volume amplification to the music and not the headset. Since Corsair decided to have the Windows 10 system volume control the headset's power amplification and volume...it will not cause any issues when turned up.

Hope this helps someone out there, I am for sure keeping these now!

Edited by KEEVS

I am starting to realize this is actually a bug with Corsair's ICUE and Spotify (Again so far it just happens with my Virtuoso). When I turn off ICUE and go back in to Spotify to listen to music I can turn the Spotify volume all the way up and there is no sound dampening or distortion at all.

When I first received the Virtuoso I thought it sounded TERRIBLE and couldn't figure out why this was considered a "premium" headset. My problem was always when listening to music. The music had some weird sort of sound dampening going on. Almost as if the speakers inside the unit were either being over or under powered. Anytime I listened to metalcore/hip hop, it sounded horrible. I was about to return the headset when I found something out...

Spotify's volume slider should NEVER EVER be at max (With the Virtuoso's at least). I did some analyzing and found that setting the slider to "11" instead of using the usual "16" (Max) gave me the sound quality that Corsair was claiming. Once Spotify was set to "11" I then turned up the Windows 10 System volume way up and DAMN! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The issue seems to be that Spotify applies some sort of software volume amplification to the music and not the headset. Since Corsair decided to have the Windows 10 system volume control the headset's power amplification and volume...it will not cause any issues when turned up.

Hope this helps someone out there, I am for sure keeping these now!

Hi keevs, in windows sound settings / properties, do you have your vistuosos

in set on 16 bit / dvd quality ? or 24 bits /studio quality? . with icue installed i only can config in 16bits in wireless mode, but, without icue, i can set to 24bits/48000hz/studio quality. With that and spotify on max quality, the virtuoso permorms an amazing sound quality for music on spotify and 24 bits music!!, im really happy for that

PD: for gaming and movies i use dolby access/atmos for 7.1 virtualizer instead icue (i never installed icue, just in other pc only for disable RGB)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been able to use 16bit 4800hz and 24bit 9600hz (Wired) I really can't hear the difference at all with ICUE installed or not.

My issue is more with the volume slider on Spotify when ICUE is installed and running. I decided to sell my Virtuoso headset and get the Sennheiser GSP370s which sound WAY BETTER and blow away anyheadset Corsair has put out. Also 100 hours of battery life! Corsair needs to up their game a bit I think.