Corsair Community

Vengeance LPX vs Vengeance RGB Pro

zbomber32

Hi for a while now I have had two different types of ram installed, 16gb(2x8) of vengeance LPX 3200mhz and 16gb(2x8) of Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz. I was having some problems and got a blue screen when trying to get them to run at 3200mhz so I took out the RGB Pro sticks and now everything is running fine and at 3200mhz. My question is which sticks should I use out of the two options since I can't use them both. Are the RGB Pro better than the LPX and if so would it be worth it to use them since they run at a slower speed and would I feel a difference between 3200mhz and 3000mhz? Thanks in advance.

Potentially the Pro *may* overclock better, bein allegedly higher quality product, but the problem with OC'n RAM is it depends to a huge degree on the ICs in use. You can get 2 sets of apparently identical RAM, based purely on the numbers that will behave quite differently when put under stress.

My gut feel is that trying to get LPX and RGB Pro to play nicely together is going to be even more of a crap shoot than when trying with all of the same family, but the only way to know is to try. You could try putting the RGB Pro in on its own and see if you can get it to 3200. All that will tell you though is whether those 2 sticks *can* get to 3200 on their own. You may well find that they do, but the second you pop the LPX in and leave them at 3200, it may start failing.

Sadly no definitive answers, but again my gut tells me you are probably on a hiding to nothing (as my old man used to say) !!!