Corsair Community

Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Fan Speed When Icue Crashes

Cannobliss

I noticed when running stress tests with my cpu pegged at 100% icue tends to stop working and my lighting goes back to hardware settings. Now this wouldn't be a problem by itself, but it also changes the fan speed curve back to default and I see a huge rise in temperature right after icue fails. Once I quit the stress test my AIO is stuck in the default mode and won't switch back to the profile it was on previously unless I end the corsair service process.

Is there anyway to set a hardware curve like the hardware lighting option? I don't see it anywhere in icue.

It should save your currently assigned fan curve automatically, the moment you set it. However, you need to be using the H100i Temp (coolant temperature) control variable. That's the only thing it can read without the software, but also what you should be using anyway.

It's possible it gets stuck when the app crashes. What happens if you are using a fixed PWM % for stress testing? That might be one workaround if this is a persistent issue.

It should save your currently assigned fan curve automatically, the moment you set it. However, you need to be using the H100i Temp (coolant temperature) control variable. That's the only thing it can read without the software, but also what you should be using anyway.

It's possible it gets stuck when the app crashes. What happens if you are using a fixed PWM % for stress testing? That might be one workaround if this is a persistent issue.

Alright, so I switched it to the AIO, it was set to the CPU package temp and the problem still persists.

https://i.imgur.com/jWdfoKe.jpg

(Sorry for the huge pic)

First few crashes the process recovered and kicked the fans back on to full. On the 4th it crashed and didn't recover. So the fans sat around 500 rpm and the temperature just climbed and climbed. I eventually manually restarted the "Corsair.Service" process and the fans kicked back on.

Something doesn't seem right here.

Edited by Technobeard
changed pic to link

Not sure. It should be writing the fan setting to the device each time you set it. I would contact Corsair Support and see what they say.

Did you try setting a fixed % before starting the stress test? That's what I would do for consistency of testing with or without this issue, but I am also curious as to what it does when the service crashes. I expect it to carry on unaffected, but if not that is a point of discussion.