The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 03:00 PM

POST ID # = 903431
splatt16 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Its odd an older version works but not the newer. Can you give me the CUE logs when you crash?
I have attached the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: log 2017-05-16T14-56-36.log (6.0 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by splatt16; 05-16-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:43 AM

POST ID # = 903541
warner Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I don't have a short term solution to switch between profiles that have basic and advance lighting intertwined.
Unfortunately, this should have been considered right from the beginning. It is a deal breaker for me and I suspect many others. Will be staying on CUE1 as that has this basic functionality plus tons and tons of profiles (more than I could ever want) made beforehand. Maybe it is time to start over from scratch and begin work on CUE3 but this time gather the most desired basic functionality from the majority of users first and not just the "elite" profile creators.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:41 PM

POST ID # = 903616
Cervantez Reputation: 10

I have a problem, I purchased a K95 platinum today, was going to customize my lights but I can only add 5 lightning effects, if I try to add more an error pops up with a message:
"a maximum of 5 lighting effects can be created for Hardware Profiles".

Any clue how to resolve this?

Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 903633
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by warner View Post
Unfortunately, this should have been considered right from the beginning. It is a deal breaker for me and I suspect many others. Will be staying on CUE1 as that has this basic functionality plus tons and tons of profiles (more than I could ever want) made beforehand. Maybe it is time to start over from scratch and begin work on CUE3 but this time gather the most desired basic functionality from the majority of users first and not just the "elite" profile creators.
If you think the 2 "elite" profile creators aren't on your side, your wrong.

And they did consider the profile issue a lot. From all angles. But in the end, they decided to split the two up to make it easier for new users. Sadly "desired basic functionality from the majority of users" = leave it in the basic mode set up lighting never touch it again. D:
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Last edited by Inheritance; 05-17-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 903635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantez View Post
I have a problem, I purchased a K95 platinum today, was going to customize my lights but I can only add 5 lightning effects, if I try to add more an error pops up with a message:
"a maximum of 5 lighting effects can be created for Hardware Profiles".

Any clue how to resolve this?
If you want to save the profile to the device there is no solution for this. If you don't want to save the profile to the device make a new profile and set it up as a software profile.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:10 AM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 905937
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudar View Post
Do you guys have that problem, every time you start your computer once Windows logs in you hear that sound notification like there is a USB device has been connected then you hear the detach sound??
yes this happens with the new version and the old version .. they have monkeys programming their software. Just look at Link .. now CUE is just as screwed up

Old 05-28-2017, 01:13 AM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 905938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
They don't work on the weekends. They also don't actively monitor the forum. You should create a support ticket to talk to their support team.
Yes create a support ticket so they can lie directly to you personally. Their support is non-existent .. they will make up excuses and out right lies .. I have caught them several times.... I finally just told them to delete my account .. they told me they cant .. screw that.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:59 AM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 905940
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post

And they did consider the profile issue a lot. From all angles. But in the end, they decided to split the two up to make it easier for new users. Sadly "desired basic functionality from the majority of users" = leave it in the basic mode set up lighting never touch it again. D:
lol easier ... the old CUE was convoluted .. the new one is so much more convoluted and flaky at least the old version worked .. the new version is all kinds of broken lol.

Lighting effects that should be simple you have to redo them 15 times before one of the times it will work ... even though the one time you get it to work .. its using the same settings you have tired many times before...

It used to disable the profiles with a keyboard error when you used a VM .. now it does it just randomly .. you get that little red icon in the tray and you have to unplug and plug in your keyboard again .. even if you don't launch a VM .. I will usually have to reconnect my keyboard 1-2 times a day now.

and when you contact support on the issue ... they say .. oh we dont help with that .. you may try to look up how to use the lighting because we don't support that. Corsair's support is about as useless as their programmers.

I've purchased 2 corsair products .. this K95 which is now a standard mechanical keyboard with no features and an AX760i PSU which I later found out through a 3rd party who now works for Corsair so I wont mention his name, has a design flaw that causes the fan to spin erratically... the only fix is using the Link software to set the fan to a fixed 40% .. but of course .. that software is absolute junk too .. and when the computer comes out of sleep it does not set the fan to 40% .. it stays at the default of 0 and then the fan will either spin erratically or wont turn on at all and will overheat and the PC will shut down if I don't notice it in time. Support instead of telling me it was a design flaw approved an RMA that would have cost me probably an extra 50 dollars .. and I would have just received another that did the same thing because it's a design flaw. I have contacted their support on the issues with these products and software... I posted in the Link forum about the bug since version 2.7 .. and what maybe 10 versions or more since and the problem still exists. I have been trying to get them to fix the Link software since March 2015 .. I finally gave up trying. So 4 Corsair products/software ... all total junk...and support is useless and will outright lie to you.

Corsair took a major dive over the past couple of years .. they no longer have quality components.. they are pawning off cheap junk and sub par software and counting on their prior reputation to continue to sell their overpriced garbage. I will not purchase another product from Corsair .. and I because I don't like being lied too .. I will make every effort to make others aware of these issues and hopefully they wont be foolish enough to purchase anything from Corsair or they will most likely have issues too.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:44 AM

POST ID # = 906322

Quote:

That's what I don't really understand. "Split the two up to make it easier for new users" does not make sense. How is it easier? How was it difficult before? I don't think they realize that the majority of end users (or basically just about all) don't program all these fancy moving graphics and "fire" simulations, etc. We might be able to handle some static color lighting on our own but that is about it.

We buy the RGB version of these keyboards because we like the lights. The built-in "Simple Mode" presets look cool to us and others and that is what we use initially and continue to use and enjoy. Then on Corsair's sharing website (or at least before when there were ton's of presets before they were removed) or this forum, there are more complicated (to us) and cool animations and lighting programmed by these two (mostly) very talented "keyboard lighting artists" that we are able to download so we download a half a dozen or so of our favorites that we see. Now we just want to switch between the cool "simple" presets which we still love and the few "advanced" presets that we downloaded and switch between them easily. That is not too much to ask and seems like a basic function that normal end users would want. We were able to do that with CUE1. We can no longer do that with CUE2. Simple as that.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:15 PM

POST ID # = 906382
CSchwarz Reputation: 10

CUE lost my main profile, I had a backup and imported it. v2.13.80

Old 06-01-2017, 07:32 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 906407

Quote:
Originally Posted by warner View Post
That's what I don't really understand. "Split the two up to make it easier for new users" does not make sense. How is it easier? How was it difficult before? I don't think they realize that the majority of end users (or basically just about all) don't program all these fancy moving graphics and "fire" simulations, etc. We might be able to handle some static color lighting on our own but that is about it.

We buy the RGB version of these keyboards because we like the lights. The built-in "Simple Mode" presets look cool to us and others and that is what we use initially and continue to use and enjoy. Then on Corsair's sharing website (or at least before when there were ton's of presets before they were removed) or this forum, there are more complicated (to us) and cool animations and lighting programmed by these two (mostly) very talented "keyboard lighting artists" that we are able to download so we download a half a dozen or so of our favorites that we see. Now we just want to switch between the cool "simple" presets which we still love and the few "advanced" presets that we downloaded and switch between them easily. That is not too much to ask and seems like a basic function that normal end users would want. We were able to do that with CUE1. We can no longer do that with CUE2. Simple as that.
That's exactly it, most end users don't want to or don't have the skill to program the advanced effects. So they decided to split it into a basic and advance mode, with the main difference being the lighting effect options. While I now see that splitting the two modes does cause some user confusion, their intent was not to overload a new user with the advance effects. The advanced lighting options can be daunting and have them all merged would cause other to be confused too. If there was 2 wave, ripple, and gradient lighting effects a new user might not know which one to pick. And seeing the vastly different options that the effects offer might confuse them even more.

That not to say they haven't heard the complaints about the two modes, and aren't working on a solution. It's just that the solution won't be a macro to switch between the two modes. Ideally, all the effects would be able to be shown in a single mode with a button to hide the advanced options, but that requires a rework of everything. XML files, RGB share site, the built-in downloader, and not to mention the breaking of compatibility with older versions of CUE. They would also have to figure out a way to try and make older profiles compatible with the new CUE or allow them to be automatically updated in some way. Sadly computers aren't to the point where they can figure out which profiles should keep the advance effects and which profiles should keep the basic ones. Oh, and your favorite creators would have to update all of their profiles. So it's going to take a while and they will want the creators to have fully patched their profiles and uploaded them before rolling out the next version of CUE. Rushing out a incomplet solution would only cause more fustration in the end.

PS: You might ask why not just put in the toggle for now, surely it can't be that hard. And I would imagine not but, they are against the idea of putting something in just to remove it 3 builds late.

PSS: You mentioned that you were able to do that in CUE 1 but CUE 1 never had a way to switch between 2 modes, so I'm not sure what you mean by simple as that.

Last edited by Inheritance; 06-01-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:46 AM

POST ID # = 906463

Quote:
PSS: You mentioned that you were able to do that in CUE 1 but CUE 1 never had a way to switch between 2 modes, so I'm not sure what you mean by simple as that.
I heard others say the same thing about CUE 1 but I think you guys haven't used CUE 1 for so long you forget what it was able to do. I am currently using CUE 1. I have some "Standard" settings profiles in my list such as Rainbow Spiral (the built-in preset) and also a static lighting profile with a type lighting ripple effect I made myself using the "Standard" settings and another static lighting profile with type lighting (key) effects, again using the "Standard" settings. I also had downloaded some "Advanced" settings profiles such as Star Wars, Pacman, Demo mode, etc.

For each profile, I assigned the Scroll Lock key to switch to the next profile in my list. I can press the Scroll Lock key and it switches all through my profiles in order. When I press the Scroll Lock and it switches to the Rainbow Spiral "Standard" setting profile, it just works. I press the Scroll Lock again and it switches to the Pacman "Advanced" setting profile, it also just works. I cycle through all my profiles of which some are made with the "Simple" settings and others I downloaded made with the "Advanced" settings and they just all work. If a profile is a "Simple" profile CUE 1 is in "Simple" mode. If I hit my profile switch key and it selects an "Advanced" profile, CUE 1 is in "Advanced" mode. CUE 1 switches automatically between the two modes. It just works.

Now contrast this with CUE 2. If the mode switch is toggled to "Simple", then when I cycle through my list which contain both "Simple" and "Advanced" profiles, only the "Simple" profiles do anything and the "Advanced" profiles do nothing. If the mode switch is toggled to "Advanced", then my "Simple" profiles no longer do anything, and only the "Advanced" profiles work.

I hope I have made this completely clear. CUE 1 automatically switched the mode from "Simple" to "Advanced" and vice versa depending on which profile in my list was selected. It was all automatic.

I'm not sure what you mean about having the simple and advanced settings all mixed or merged together that would confuse new users. No one asked for that. It was never like that it CUE 1 either. Simple was simple, advanced was advanced. And things switched back and forth at will and was intuitive.

Last edited by warner; 06-02-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Danilushka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906498
Danilushka Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon9 View Post
Hoooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
the check for update button works!!! Halejujjha!!! No wonder my floor was ice cold!! Hell has froze over!!
I know right.
CUE doesn't see the Corsair mousepad yet though, just my Corsair keyboard and mouse. Arrrrrgh.

Mouse
Corsair*CH-9302111-NA GLAIVE RGB Gaming Mouse, Backlit LED, 16000 DPI, Optical, Aluminum
Mouse Pad
Corsair*Gaming MM800 POLARIS RGB LED Lighting Hard Mouse Pad
Keyboard
Corsair*Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB

Why doesn't the very latest version of CUE see the Mouse Pad? Time to contact tech support yet again

Last edited by Danilushka; 06-02-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:52 PM

POST ID # = 907727
cxmachi Reputation: 10

I just want to have a version of the software that doesn't cause Steam (or anything that polls for USB devices) to freeze or crash. That's all I want. This new version is not it.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:55 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 907843
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxmachi View Post
I just want to have a version of the software that doesn't cause Steam (or anything that polls for USB devices) to freeze or crash. That's all I want. This new version is not it.
We are investigating this issue actively but I am not convinced yet it is our software that is the root cause. This all started to happen once Steam supported the PS4 controller. However, our devs and QA teams are trying to do our best to reproduce the issue to find the root cause to confirm any theories regarding this problem.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Closed Thread