The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Mike_trx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755026
Mike_trx Reputation: 10
Thumbs down Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard problems

Hi all,

I recently purchased myself a Corsair K95 RGB keyboard. Upon trying to use it the first time, there are some clear issue that I cannot seem to solve.

* When I restart or turn on my PC, the keyboard defaults it's lighting to the red/white standard and will not switch to any other profile.

*When I restart or turn on my PC, the CUE software doesn't find my keyboard at all.

The only way I have gotten around this, is to completely reinstall the CUE software every time I turn on my PC, which lets be honest isn't ideal.

Im running the latest CUE download, and the correct RGB version. I have also tried updating the software, and the keyboard firmware which it now says is the latest for both. I have the Bios switch set to 1, although I have tried the others to no avail, and I have also tried it with the two USB 2 connections (connector with arrows first) and my USB 3 connector all the have the exact same issues.

My motherbaord also has the latest firmware on it, and my spec list should be below for those wondering what version of Windows (7 64bit)

Is this a common issue, as I see a lot of similar threads, but nothing to acknowledge from Corsair to say it's a fault and if there's an update or a method to fix it?

If anyone has a remedy or a fix for this, please let know, or I will sending this back and writing a complaint to Corsair, as we are all paying through the teeth for a top of the line product with bottom end performance.

Kindest regards,
Mike :)

Old 01-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Mike_trx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755041

I'd just like to state, I tried different versions of CUE and this had the same effect as above...BUT...I found if I disable CUE from starting with Windows, ie I have to manually run it once Windows is at the desktop, the problem doesn't happen and CUE finds mykeyboard just fine. It also loads the profiles I had instantly upon opening CUE, so this seems to have a better fix for it if anyone has the same issue and needs a workaround.

Could Corsair please look into this issue now it seems to be related to the CUE software starting with Windows? Hopefully this helps somewhat in pinpointing the problem.

Kindest regards,

Old 01-20-2015, 04:15 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755043
terabyte Reputation: 44

The issues when CUE is set to start with windows are known, Corsair is already looking into them. Let's hope we get an update soon :)

Old 01-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Mike_trx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755053

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Im crossing my fingers for sure!

Cheers!

Old 01-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Sparatan117's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755054
Sparatan117 Reputation: 10

> When I restart or turn on my PC, the keyboard defaults it's lighting to the red/white standard and will not switch to any other profile.

You obviously haven't set a different profile to the default of the keyboard.

When you're in the lighting menu, you need to right click on one of the lighting modes and say "save to memory" or something to that degree. It will then flash that lighting to the memory of the keyboard so that even if Cue is not found, the lighting mode will still be illuminated.

The second problem, I'm not sure what to tell you. I can tell you that USB3 works flawless and USB2 is a pain in the butt to get CUE to work with... however if you don't have the ability to use USB3 ports then, you might be stuck with working with the USB2 and thus, you'll have to continually re-install.

Hopefully the next few software versions will fix the current issues. Also we need some better interface looking graphics. Someone who knows something about design at Corsair should be hired to make it look "pretty" in a sophisticated sort of way (flat ui / Material Design )

Old 01-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Mike_trx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755175

@Sparata117

Thanks for the information, I haven't seen the menu you are refering too in the CUE applitcation. I have tried right clicking my "M1, M2, M3" profiles which i've adjusted, but no sub menu pops up anywhere. I'll try and find this elusive menu as it makes perfect sense that I haven't saved it to the keyboard itself. It does however instantly load my top most configuration upon opening CUE manually, which is the workaround i've found for the "keyboard not detected" issue.

As for the USB options, I have support for USB2 and USB3 and have tried both with the correct procedures, but it's makes no difference in performance or fix the crashing on windows. I'm currently using USB3 because, well I have it basically.

I appreciate the help and input, it's nice to have some positive help on what seems such a trivial issue, but an irretating one at the price of the hardware.

Cheers,