Corsair Community

Corsair 1500v2 Noise issues?

Johnsen

Hi guys! :)

So after weeks og sirfin, watching and reading reviews on pretty much any headphones out there i took the chance on the 1500 V2. I installed the drivers, figured out the 7.1 and 2.0 settings and all is well. Exept ofcourse the audi/mic volume thing everyone ells has and one MAJOR issue.

When ever i start a game or skype the headset makes a squilling sound, i guess the best way to describe it is a digital tinnitus sound, very high pitch and electric sounding sound.

I do get the low hum sound all the, but thats allright i guess, but this sound is killing me, and its there even with the volume set to 0.

Anyone knows a fix for this, or has the same problem?

I have exactly the same problem, certain sounds areas trigger it too like in the "recording" tab when you click on sound in control panel. It also amplifies when i press the mute button on the inline controls.

Also mine exhibits crackling, which you can hear more profoundly on certain sounds than others.. I'm on 2.0.26 software version, driver 1.0.0.27. This was also present in the driver before that. Can anyone advise if theres anything i can do? Is my new headset a dud?

Have you tried this?

It is recommend that if you are experiencing any sound issues, please ensure the following:

Open your Control Panel.

Click on Sound.

Right click on your Vengeance headset.

Select Properties.

Select the Advanced tab.

Ensure the Default Format is at 16bit, 48000hz (DVD Quality).

Click Apply.

Archived