The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890858
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow From SIV 5.16 Beta-23 1MB will be the default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2ee View Post
I think 99% chance it is 1MB. If I want to ask Consair support then I need to fill in real information which I don't want lol xd. I doubt they would really look it up and answer me anyway. I expect their staff would come to forum and answer question like this but they don't do that at all.
They used to 'till Jan-2016, since then there has been minimal Corsair input in the English areas, though there is for German/French. I feel this is rather poor

I agree and so for SIV 5.16 Beta-23 I changed the code to make 1MB the default.

For now if your change Total LBAs Unit to 20 (1MB) and press [Save] the values should adjust, do they?

Code:
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "SSD-D0"           ),  6 ) ?  9 : // WDC              - 512
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "Samsung SSD 840"  ), 15 ) ?  9 : // Samsung SSD 840  - 512
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "Samsung"          ),  7 ) ? 12 : // Samsung          -   4KB
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "Corsair Force LS" ), 16 ) ? 20 : // Corsair Force LS -   1MB
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "OCZ "             ),  4 ) ? 30 : // OCZ              -   1GB
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "OCZ-"             ),  4 ) ? 30 : // OCZ-             -   1GB
                                                  25;  // Default          -  32MB

Old 02-11-2017, 03:34 PM

POST ID # = 890875
j2ee Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
They used to 'till Jan-2016, since then there has been minimal Corsair input in the English areas, though there is for German/French. I feel this is rather poor

I agree and so for SIV 5.16 Beta-23 I changed the code to make 1MB the default.

For now if your change Total LBAs Unit to 20 (1MB) and press [Save] the values should adjust, do they?

Code:
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "SSD-D0"           ),  6 ) ?  9 : // WDC              - 512
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "Samsung SSD 840"  ), 15 ) ?  9 : // Samsung SSD 840  - 512
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "Samsung"          ),  7 ) ? 12 : // Samsung          -   4KB
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "Corsair Force LS" ), 16 ) ? 20 : // Corsair Force LS -   1MB
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "OCZ "             ),  4 ) ? 30 : // OCZ              -   1GB
tcsnieql( dns, TEXT( "OCZ-"             ),  4 ) ? 30 : // OCZ-             -   1GB
                                                  25;  // Default          -  32MB

What is the point if I manually change it to 1MB? If it is not 1MB then the numbers would screw up or something look wrong? The ssd is at my parents home and I don't always go there. I was there today.

Consair is an US company:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsair_Components

but they don't support the English part of the forum? LOL

Old 02-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890876
Arrow Nothing should screw up

Quote:
What is the point if I manually change it to 1MB? If it is not 1MB then the numbers would screw up or something look wrong? The ssd is at my parents home and I don't always go there. I was there today.
Nothing should screw up, it will simply mean SIV will report ~1.44 TB rather then ~44.02 TB

Old 02-11-2017, 03:43 PM

POST ID # = 890877

Quote:
Nothing should screw up, it will simply mean SIV will report ~1.44 TB rather then ~44.02 TB

Basically only 1MB would make sense..so yeah it should be 1MB

By the way where do you hang out in internet for hardware stuff? I always hang around in overclock.net

Last edited by j2ee; 02-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890878
Arrow SIV 5.16 Beta-23 should use 1MB

Quote:
Basically only 1MB would make sense..so yeah it should be 1MB

By the way where do you hang out in internet for hardware stuff? I always hang around in overclock.net
Please grab the SIV beta (Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta) and check SIV now uses 1MB, ideally post the two screen shots again.

I am mainly on the Corsair Link forum and I am more into software rather than hardware. That said I suspect I know more about hardware issues than many as my day job is developing Windows KMDF/WDM drivers and I work closely with the hardware/firmware engineers.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:23 PM

POST ID # = 890889

Quote:
Please grab the SIV beta (Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta) and check SIV now uses 1MB, ideally post the two screen shots again.

I am mainly on the Corsair Link forum and I am more into software rather than hardware. That said I suspect I know more about hardware issues than many as my day job is developing Windows KMDF/WDM drivers and I work closely with the hardware/firmware engineers.
I have got the answer so would not dig deeper and thx for helping.