The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 12-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Khazran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 883924
Khazran Reputation: 10

This Forum is silly, really. How can you think about new features when the whole software is broken? This software need a complete redo. Oh you know! I though about a new feature! A feature where it could program itself in the right way as soon as it finds an error! Yeah! That's it! Corsair needs to come out of under the desk and stop hiding from their costumers and everyone should open their eyes. I only see issues on this forum and no one is really trying to help. I am one of these guys that the software is completely useless right now. I have been working/trying/testing since 3 days now, still no success and I don't see any positive answer from Corsair. Do they even know these bugs exists? Are they working on a fix right now? No one will know, ever.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:57 PM

POST ID # = 883936
brainless Reputation: 11

I have no problems with CUE, works fine for me.

Did you ask support for your problems?

Old 12-29-2016, 06:47 PM

POST ID # = 884254
ekyl Reputation: 10

I've recently received a Corsair Katar mouse as a gift, and I've downloaded the CUE to program in a simple lighting effect (50%-75% brightness wave over 4s + 100% on click). I'm a big fan of the ability to set different DPI profiles and to switch between them so quickly, but I would like an option to add an indicator that would tell me which mode I've just changed into. It would pop up in a preconfigured location on the screen (either one of the corners, or set by a drag-n-drop interface). It would show up immediately, wait for a configurable amount of time, and then (optionally) fade out over a short interval, like 0.3s. The size, font/background color, and opacity of the indicator should each be configurable. Ingame I envision that it would end up looking something like this:

Old 01-11-2017, 12:21 PM

POST ID # = 886200
loverthehater Reputation: 10

Two suggestions (sorry if they've already been posted):

1. Be able to have an array of colors (whether it cycle through them in a certain order or randomly select) when working with the advanced mode or just a random color. Maybe a min/max value for any RGBA when it comes to the random aspect, in case you only want bright, vibrant colors showing for the effect (although this can be also done with using the array option if implemented, but it'd still be cool to have both).

2. Under "Stop option", it'd be nice to have a "when cycle completes after key release" or something like that, so it only stops after the effect is completely through and no longer able to be seen on the keyboard, at the end of a gradient, wave, ripple, etc. but only completes the last cycle that it was on when the key was released and stops after that, instead of the current situation where you either have a set number of cycles or it just stops mid-cycle if the key is released.

Last edited by loverthehater; 01-11-2017 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling / words

Old 01-12-2017, 08:58 PM
NorBdelta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886373
NorBdelta Reputation: 10

I quick suggestion for a CUE feature.

An ability/setting to temporarily disable all keyboard key presses and mouse actions for between 30secs to 2mins or more so that you may give them a quick clean without all the inadvertent mouse and keyboard actions.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:26 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886407
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

With the new lighting for games i.e Diablo 3, GTAV, It would be pretty cool if we could have a list of the games this lighting feature is compatible with and also change the colour and speed of these effects.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:04 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886431
terabyte Reputation: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
With the new lighting for games i.e Diablo 3, GTAV, It would be pretty cool if we could have a list of the games this lighting feature is compatible with and also change the colour and speed of these effects.
The profile is implemented directly in the game through the CUE SDK by the developers (example Diablo 3 profile was implemented by Blizzard), there is no way to be able to adjust them in CUE.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:08 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886432
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
The profile is implemented directly in the game through the CUE SDK by the developers (example Diablo 3 profile was implemented by Blizzard), there is no way to be able to adjust them in CUE.
That's a shame, Is there a list somewhere with the names of games that are CUE enabled ?

So far I've seen Diablo 3, GTAV and Homefront The Revolution.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
That's a shame, Is there a list somewhere with the names of games that are CUE enabled ?

So far I've seen Diablo 3, GTAV and Homefront The Revolution.
I think I saw someone making a thread to list all supported games. Not sure where it ended up going tough, I don't see it in the sticky ones at the top at least...

Old 01-22-2017, 07:36 PM

POST ID # = 887955
UndeadTofu1337 Reputation: 10

Battery level in system icon tray. Could make it a lot easier to see how charged my wireless Void RGB is if it was just an icon in the icon tray or whatever it's called next to the clock in Windows. Right now its quite a few clicks to get to what should be easy to find. Even if it was under the right click menu on the CUE icon it would be an improvement.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:39 PM
levi.baker88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887964
levi.baker88 Reputation: 10

Working 'Check for updates' button.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888009

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadTofu1337 View Post
Battery level in system icon tray. Could make it a lot easier to see how charged my wireless Void RGB is if it was just an icon in the icon tray or whatever it's called next to the clock in Windows. Right now its quite a few clicks to get to what should be easy to find. Even if it was under the right click menu on the CUE icon it would be an improvement.
I second this! Even just it being a tooltip when you are hover the CUE icon.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:46 PM

POST ID # = 888245
YayBacon Reputation: 12
Default .

I have grown used to having a complex set of keymaps, where 9 of the side buttons on the corsair scimitar changes between major profiles, with more keys set to change to minor profiles within those major ones while held (to type several of my own usernames/email addresses for me ). Most of the major profiles are to remap the macro that the left mouse button executes.

It would be amazing if the new cue added 2 features, otherwise I am forced to continue using cue 1.
-To assign left mouse button as long as left mouse click is assigned to any other button within that profile. Less important but, left mouse button could always be left mouse click while Cue is focused.
-The option to separate mouse and keyboard profiles. so a profile change in the keyboard (k95 rgb), doesn't change which profile the mouse (scimitar) is using, unless you specifically tell it to.

Last edited by YayBacon; 01-24-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 PM
******* Enthusiast
girlyman55's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888825
girlyman55 Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Linking chosen lights to another peripheral

I think the ability to link 2 or more lights doing the same thing on multiple peripherals would be cool.

For example, the corsair branding logo on my strafe going through a rainbow color switch, while the logo on my mouse does the same at the same time.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:32 AM
SajuukCor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889275
SajuukCor Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadTofu1337 View Post
A thousand times this.