Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 PM
StudioNewb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 447995
StudioNewb Reputation: 10
Woah! New i7 build won't post with CMG6X3M3A1866C7

So needless to say, i'm not happy.
Having gone the extra mile and shelled out the extra dough on what should essentially be the best RAM in the world, it won't post.

Now i know on a new build like this it could really be anything, and as this is my first i7 build i don't have a bin of "tested working" parts laying around for a proper trouble shooting session. What i do know is this; the 9600gt is tested working in my old system, as are the hard drives, DVD r/w and WiFi card. As for the rest, i'm using very high end components throughout as you'll see in my profile.

The p6x58d Premium has a neat little "Mem OK" button/light/tweaking intrface/thing which seems to be confirming there is a critical (POST preventing) problem with the memory.

I've done everything i know to trouble shoot with my limited tools/parts/knowlege including (but not limited to) rearranging the memory modules, checking all contacts for contamination/seating (including cpu, memory, pci-e, and all power connectors.

This build is the core of my home recording studio business and downtime is unpaid :(
That's why i opted to spend the extra now on supposedly exceptionally reliable hardware so stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Corsairs memory selector does list my mboard under the "supported list" for my ram, but oddly enough, does not list my ram on my motherboard's list, nor does my mb manufacturer list my RAM's particular model/timing as specifically supported for my board

somone? anyone?

Old 04-18-2010, 08:23 AM
StudioNewb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 448127
StudioNewb Reputation: 10

will somebody please respond!? i'm pulling my hair out! i'm in a third world country and i can't even find a repair shop with ddr3 for troubleshoting! PLEASE HELP!?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 448164
Wired Reputation: 32

Please be patient. Corsair closed for the weekend before your account was even created. They won't even open for another 16 hours.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 448295
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Most modules should be fine in that board. I would recommend checking all of your power connections. If you continue to have issues try just one module in the slot furthest away from the CPU.

Tags
compatibility, dominator, dominator gt, i7, p6x58d