Corsair Community

CPU reaching 100c on startup

ibrsbk

This had never happened before. I have had my computer for more than 1 year and a half, 3 days ago, after using my computer for hours I powered it off, ~5 min later I turn it on again and PC started being really loud, fans were maxed out... I could see temps from mobo temp sensor LED reaching 100 celsius degrees :eek: ! After some attemps trying to figure out what it was I decided to wait, like 15-30 min. When I came back I switched on the computer and... it worked fine as it should be :biggrin:

. I've been motorizing performance since then and everything looks working perfectly:

Temps in idle:

YP_8AKQVRByyQvQfUR_yfQ.png

When rendering or gaming it can reach 60/65 celsius degrees. No matter how many hours or time I'm working on my pc, temperatures are ok. The problem appears when I power off and switch on the computer in a short period of time.

Some hours ago it happened again, exactly the same thing, same situation. I waited ~ 15 minutes and it worked again, looks like it has to "rest". I know it has almost no sense. It's not an OS issue. I unplugged the HDD the first time to discard, on BIOS same temps too.

I'm really concerned about this issue, I didn't find any revelant information on the internet, that's why I'm asking.

(Sorry about my english)

Your pump speed is too low. My guess is you are not giving the unit the full 12v it requires to function and the pump failed to start. In the BIOS, you need to set the CPU fan header (or wherever the H80i is connected) to 100%. Different board makers use different language for this, but it need to be at max at all times. This may also be referred to as "disabled" fan control on some boards. You then control pump speed and fans through the Link software.

This can sometimes happen on BIOS updates when you don't remember to go in at set the fan settings again. Also beware of desktop software that attempts to regulate the CPU fan header.

Your pump speed is too low. My guess is you are not giving the unit the full 12v it requires to function and the pump failed to start. In the BIOS, you need to set the CPU fan header (or wherever the H80i is connected) to 100%. Different board makers use different language for this, but it need to be at max at all times. This may also be referred to as "disabled" fan control on some boards. You then control pump speed and fans through the Link software.

This can sometimes happen on BIOS updates when you don't remember to go in at set the fan settings again. Also beware of desktop software that attempts to regulate the CPU fan header.

I have switched to "performance mode" in CL, now my pump speed reaches ~ 1800rpm

iEeQj8IFSACeA4GlRW5hvA.png

I have switched to "performance mode" in CL, now my pump speed reaches ~ 1800rpm

No, in performance more the H100iGTX Pump should be about 3,000 RPM and about 1,900 RPM in quite mode.

You need to go into the BIOS and set the CPU_FAN header to PWM mode so the H100iGTX get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.

If is not possible to set PWM mode in the BIOS set manual/100%/full speed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30940&stc=1&d=1504171998

665161503_Z170AGAMINGM5.thumb.png.b38a9325c15537fdda67d86268d7b2d6.png

No, in performance more the H100iGTX Pump should be about 3,000 RPM and about 1,900 RPM in quite mode.

You need to go into the BIOS and set the CPU_FAN header to PWM mode so the H100iGTX get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.

If is not possible to set PWM mode in the BIOS set manual/100%/full speed.

Ok, I got into the BIOS, default speed is ~750 rpm. If I disable Smart Fan Mode, speed increases to ~2600RPM, fan sounds loud. (Same thing happens if I set All Full Speed)

KGujJ4i4Sn6LjZKlZE8iiw.png

I did saved BIOS configuration with Fan Smart Fan mode disabled, after that I checked speed and temps from Link Corsair, It showed same numbers, around 1800 rpm, but fans were still sounding loud. Again in the BIOS I abled Smart Fan Mode, exactly same numbers displayed in Link Corsair but fans were noticeably quiet. It looks like LC isn't showing the actual speed...

I checked BIOS version too, current BIOS ver is E7977IMS.170. I may update it.

I suspect from CL4 you need to Right/Click on the H100iGTX fan and configure it to be controlled by the H100iGTX temperature.

I would be inclined to select custom mode and setup a custom curve.

The pump should be fast enough running in quite mode which should be about 1800 RPM.

Where is the H100i GTX connected?

Are you running the radiator fans from the motherboard or the H100i GTX controller on the pump?

Don't use the BIOS to control the pump. That can be done in the LINK application. Don't use the BIOS to control fan speed if they are connected to the pump. That can be done in LINK. If you have them connected to the mainboard, that is a different thing bt we need to know. It alters the instructions and what to expect from the Link readout.

Archived