The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2015, 07:48 AM

POST ID # = 784748
sausje Reputation: 10
Angry Trying to get h100i working with link broke it..

Well like the title says.
After having the h100i for almost a year now, i gave another shot trying to get it to work with the link software so i could finally set my RPM better.
Now after doing the register changes in windows 8.1, i rebooted and the software suddenly detected it, asking me to update the firmware (from 1.0.5 -> 1.0.7), after that, i rebooted again and suddenly it was showing "unknown device" in device manager.
After a couple of more reboots, that suddenly disappeared, the LED turned red (from being white before) and fans at 100% nonstop.

So I can only guess that the firmware update, ****ed things up even more?!
Guess my only option is to RMA it now?! If so, i'll just demand another brand, seeing how many issues there still are to this date with these products.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:06 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 784750
red-ray Reputation: 81
Exclamation Welcome to the "CL Bricked by CL Hardware" club!

Yes, you need to RMA it, log the request via https://corsair.secure.force.com/ or Skype +1_888_222_4346 (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/contact). When CL Bricked my H80 I gave them a hard time and they paid the return postage. Good Luck.

Make sure you get a H100i. The H80iGT, H100iGTX and H110iGTX seem to have even more issues.

Last edited by red-ray; 06-17-2015 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Fix to say +1_888_222_4346

Old 06-14-2015, 08:40 AM

POST ID # = 784757

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Yes, you need to RMA it, log the request via https://corsair.secure.force.com/ or Skype +18882224346. When CL Bricked my H80 I gave them a hard time and they paid the return postage. Good Luck.

Make sure you get a H100i. The H80iGT, H100iGTX and H110iGTX seem to have even more issues.
Oh great.. I just tried to do the trick with another USB cable to a normal type A connector, but no luck either.
Well I'm in Europe, so I guess I'll have to do it via the reseller and not via Corsair directly right? Meaning I'm stuck without CPU fan for god knows how long...
I'm just going to demand another brand, seeing how many issues this one keeps having, I'll just keep linking to this forum and all the issues surrounding this and let my reseller fight it out with Corsair about their lost profit.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 784760
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausje View Post
Well I'm in Europe, so I guess I'll have to do it via the reseller and not via Corsair directly right? Meaning I'm stuck without CPU fan for god knows how long...
No. You could do an Express RMA so you get the new cooler and then send off the bricked one. Where in Europe? There is centres in England and I think Holland. Corsair are far better at doing RMAs when writing software

Last edited by Wired; 06-17-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:05 AM

POST ID # = 784767

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
No. You could do an Express RMA so you get the new cooler and then send off the bricked one. Where in Europe? There is centres in England and I think Holland. Corsair are far better at doing RMAs when writing software

I found that CL is not reliable, does not report all my hardware and uses far too many system resources, so I stopped using it and developed my own CL control software.
I'm actually from the Netherlands, so Corsair sends a replacement first and then I can send the faulty one back? That would save me so much hassle.
Though idk if that solves my issue with not getting the link to work so I can setup my RPM's.. That's why I was thinking that it might be better for me to get it replaced by another brand product around the same price, as the issue could just repeat itself again with the replacement model.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 PM

POST ID # = 784995
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

You will need to request an advanced RMA/Express RMA if you want a replacement unit first before you send back your faulty one. This process does require a valid CC.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:27 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 785206
snapper69 Reputation: 32

I'm in the UK and when I contacted Corsair for an Express RMA they said that they don't do it for the UK but whether that was just the UK or Europe in general, I can't remember. I had 3 H100i's bricked by Link doing a Firmware update (I'm a slow learner) The first one, I hadn't a clue what happened, the second one I wasn't sure, but the third one convinced me.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:09 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 785210
Wired Reputation: 32

snapper - Corsair does express RMAs worldwide.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 06-17-2015, 10:24 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 785244
snapper69 Reputation: 32

I skyped their Customer Service number and was told that they couldn't do an Express RMA for me as I live in the UK. I was more than a little peeved, even though it was only a link mini, as it meant that I had to rewire my case fans to my motherboard with extensions and then rewire them back, when the new one arrived.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 785576
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
I skyped their Customer Service number and was told that they couldn't do an Express RMA for me as I live in the UK. I was more than a little peeved, even though it was only a link mini, as it meant that I had to rewire my case fans to my motherboard with extensions and then rewire them back, when the new one arrived.
We definitely do express RMAs for UK customers. PM me the ticket number and I'll look into it next week.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:32 PM

POST ID # = 861305

An update on this, I've send the H100i back to Azerty. They send it back to Corsair and after 5(!!!) weeks, they've come to the conclusion that they can't fix the product...(?)
So they can't reset the firmware and update it? Because that was the issue with it... Seems rather unlikely that they can't but ok..

So I got offered the H110 in return (the normal, not the i). But I'll be refusing that, I'll rather pick a refund of my product then.