Corsair Community

Corsair Link v2 Dashboard crashes

tom.ganc

I bought and installed H100i and Corsair Link 2 software on my old PC just to test it before motherboard/cpu/memory upgrade.

It all worked fine, temperature display, H100i control, hard drives and gpu temperature display.

Last weekend I upgraded to Gigabyte X79 - UD3 with i7 3820 and 16GB 4 channel corsair RAM

I tried to open Corsair Link 2 and it crashed straight away, I tried to reinstall it few times, swap USB header on the board - still the same. Then I tried to run it in winxp sp2 compatibility mode and it opens ok, but I don't have any control on fans speed and no hard drives temperatures are displayed any more. When I try to minimize it it crashes again.

I've hot win7 64bit ultimate and I didn't change anything within it, just replaced PC components (all hard drives remained unchanged). Just wanted to add that my system drive is 120 GB Corsair Neutron SSD.

What do you think?

Well spotted Ram Guy.

You need to do a fresh install of your OS. It's all well and good just moving the harddrive to a new motherboard and install that motherboard's drivers. But you'll still have remnants of the old drivers in the OS. Could be one of a large number giving you a problem

It's always recommended to do a fresh OS install when you make such a major change to the hardware, even if the motherboard has the same chipset.

Well spotted Ram Guy.

You need to do a fresh install of your OS. It's all well and good just moving the harddrive to a new motherboard and install that motherboard's drivers. But you'll still have remnants of the old drivers in the OS. Could be one of a large number giving you a problem

It's always recommended to do a fresh OS install when you make such a major change to the hardware, even if the motherboard has the same chipset.

Thanks for update, looks like I'll be busy soon :)

Archived