Corsair Community

K60 sticking keys

SolidCrew

Hi,

Seems I have a K60 like others in which the keys stick.

Rather annoying when the delete key will delete all I've just typed.

The problem is random and not specific to any certain key.

To stop it happening, I have to press the same key or it will repeat the key over and over just as if you was holding the key down yourself.

Is this a fault?

My K60 does not have any symbols on the red keys. I'm in the UK. Should they have symbols?

And this fading issue. Can you release some batch numbers that are effected so users can actually check their products.

We should not have a known manufacturing problem product. There should be an option to RMA it.

So far I've had a k60 I'm less than happy with and also the M90 that is not what I expected either. Regrets ? yes!

• Corsair Employee

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your K60. The key repeating is a issue we are currently developing a firmware update that will resolve that.

The Red keys do not come with symbols on them. Your keyboard is correct.

If your keys do show signs of fading we will replace the keyboard at no cost to you.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your K60. The key repeating is a issue we are currently developing a firmware update that will resolve that.

If your keys do show signs of fading we will replace the keyboard at no cost to you.

Hi,

When you say "If your keys do show signs of fading we will replace the keyboard at no cost to you."

How long would this be open for?

If there is a range of know batches that are effected.

I'd rather know I have an effected item than my keyboard finally suffer faded keys just because I'm not using it allot like some of those people that have already experienced this issue.

• 1 month later...

when is the key repeating issue gonna be fixed? My K90 is experiencing it as well and it's annoying as hell while gaming in pro leagues.

please fix this or I'll have to get another brand of keyboard cause this isn't working out. It happens way too much.

• Corsair Employee
We are investigating the keyboard key repeat issue. We have identified the root cause related to a firmware issue and are working hard at a resolution and as soon as we have one, it'll be released.

• 4 months later...
so they are at least investigating/working on the issue for the k60/90 where multiple keystrokes are issued on a single press randomly? its next to possible to induce but still exists. hopefully what you say is true since in another thread someone claimed it was no reproducible "therefore probably ignored". ive gone through 2 keyboards probably different batches from the MFG which both still had the same issue.

• Corsair Employee
so they are at least investigating/working on the issue for the k60/90 where multiple keystrokes are issued on a single press randomly? its next to possible to induce but still exists. hopefully what you say is true since in another thread someone claimed it was no reproducible "therefore probably ignored". ive gone through 2 keyboards probably different batches from the MFG which both still had the same issue.

The issue we're looking into is actually when a key would repeat itself randomly after being used (stuck key).

If you get an issue where a key spits out the wrong character or multiple characters, that is a completely different problem and can be resolved sometimes with a reflash (K90 only), Otherwise we can RMA it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I am also having the "sticky key" problem. I'm a gamer. This keyboard was designed for gamer's. I'm also a Minecraft fan. I have died in the game from falling off a high wall because of a key sticking and walking me right off. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does its still very annoying. I also own the M60 mouse which I've had no issues with for @ a year, vengeance RAM, and the C70 Case. I see Corsair as a "good" brand of products. When things like this happen, it makes me second guess the quality. I will continue to purchase Corsair products in the future. I just hope not to have any more problems. If there is a way to fix my K60 I would greatly appreciate it. BTW. My space bar stuck while typing this. Nice coincidence.

Archived