Corsair Community

Height (mm) of Corsair Mem

galley

I am purchasing new system, ASRock Extreme6/ac, need 2x8GB memory and putting this all in a mini ATX NZXT Source 210 Elite case. I understand DDR3 height will be an issue for me. Please provide height for all 2x8GB memory solutions to insure I can use Corsair as my solution for my memory requirement.

I also believe it might be helpful to others if all Corsair memory modules included this info, or if it was searchable on this site. I could not find this info Corsair specific info anywhere on the web. Thanks

Hi Emissary, I appreciate the advise, but ASRock does not include any Corsair 2x8GB solutions in their compatibility list and Corsair only includes the follow modules in their 2x8GB compatible list for the board I am buying (Extreme6/ac):

CMY16GX3M2A1866C9

CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R

Not sure I want to go outside of what has been listed by "someone" as compatible.

So I am liking mainly for height on these 2. I have not yet chosen a cooler. I intend to 1st run system without a cooler and monitor the temps to see if one is really required.

Also, can you tell me "why" pricing for modules with same size/speed/etc specs vary from each other in price so much? Can't figure this out.

Archived