Corsair Community

Corsair, new models to be released this year?

zguy85

Dear Corsair,

I know it's early, but many of us would like to know right now if they're any plans to release an updated version of the C1 before the end of the year? We see a lot of specials on the store front right now and would like to be able to make a smart decision.

Is now a good time to buy with a release far far away or is there possibly something waiting around the corner in the next 3-4 months?

With the new NVIDIA 3000 series and upcoming AMD GPU's out this year, curious if there are any plans to release something in the next coming month's.

Thank you in advance for any response to help make a decision.

-Justin

Edited by zguy85

I highly doubt it, there is a lot of R&D that needs to happen before they can start producing a product. Look how long Ryzen 3rd gen was out before they released the a100.

They need to get a hold of one of the new cards and redesign the cooling loops at the very least. I don't think that the current GPU loop can handle more than 250-300W graphics card.

Definitely will be waiting for your next model with the NVIDIA 3000 series GPU's. After the 3000 series reveal today, it's a no-brainer for me to wait. These new cards are just soo much more powerful then the 2080TI, AND also more powerful then the TITAN's which is extremely impressive.

The PCB itself is actually a lot smaller than I thought so I believe it will be more than possibly to fit into the C1.

Performance custom cooling will be the biggest challenge for the Engineers at Corsair to overcome, not only for the die but also the challenge of keeping it all cool with all those new GDDR6 memory modules and pulling over 300-350W!!! This thing is going to get HOT!

Trust me, I'll be one of your first customer's when you release this thing, definitely looking to upgrade. Currently running the Original C1 from when it was first released, with the 1080GTX and 7700K still loving it! I take really good care of her.

Edited by zguy85

• 3 months later...

I've been waiting for sometime for the corsair one with 3000 nvidia. Unfortunately can't wait much longer seeing that Alien ware already has 3080s and 3090s in theie Rurora R11 for a couple of months now. I don't like the looks for the R11 at all or the size but can't wait for 6 months for corsair to bring out a new model.

It really sucks that corsair is taking that long to come up with a new model or even it tell us when one is expected. Everyone knows when the new MacBooks with 'M1X' are likely to come out but with C1 we just don't have a clue, let a lone if one will ever come out.

When you google for news on C1, the last news was 6 months ago! You come here to see if there is anything and you find "we appreciate your enthusiasm". How long will enthusiasm last? mine ran out.

Edited by robdonai

Hey Robdonai,

I almost did the same thing and even got a 10% discount from Alienware since I'm military, but..... Like you, I couldn't stomach the awful bulky appearance of the R11 so I upgraded the video card and power supply myself on the C1 for only $800. Was super easy and so happy I didn't go with the ugly R11 even though it had all the bells and whistles, I knew I couldn't wake up to that ugly monstrosity everyday I would have had soo much regret.

If you need your prebuilt fix now, Corsairs i7200 Vengeance system looks pretty sweet. My co-worker just got his last week with the 3080 and he loves it, nothing but good things from him and not ugly like the R11. Sorry I have to save you from yourself if your thinking about it still.... it's F-ING ugly.... period.

Edited by zguy85

I’m going to hang on until after the first of the year and see if Corsair announces something then. Frankly, RTX 30 series cards and the new AMD CPUs are in such short supply that doing a DYI build is not really realistic for the moment. I’m a buyer if Corsair announces something in January or so - even just a confirmation that they are working on a new C1 model would be enough for me to hang on for a bit.

Hey Robdonai,

I almost did the same thing and even got a 10% discount from Alienware since I'm military, but..... Like you, I couldn't stomach the awful bulky appearance of the R11 so I upgraded the video card and power supply myself on the C1 for only $800. Was super easy and so happy I didn't go with the ugly R11 even though it had all the bells and whistles, I knew I couldn't wake up to that ugly monstrosity everyday I would have had soo much regret.

If you need your prebuilt fix now, Corsairs i7200 Vengeance system looks pretty sweet. My co-worker just got his last week with the 3080 and he loves it, nothing but good things from him and not ugly like the R11. Sorry I have to save you from yourself if your thinking about it still.... it's F-ING ugly.... period.

I looked at i7200 before, not available in Canada, yep Canadian :) I even considered re purchasing the C1 2080ti (returned after news of the 3000 series) and even that is no longer available in Canada.