Corsair Community

HS70 Wireless, Detect when turned on/off ?

davexd

I tried the example from the github where the app subscribes to the event stream and receives events such as connect/disconnect of devices. however with my HS70 Wireless the connect event is only triggered when I plug the USB receiver, not when I turn the headset on and off.

Is there a way that I am missing to achieve this? I wanted to do a program that would automatically set the device as default when turned on and back to the previous one when turned off.

when you connect or disconnect, I think it should be auto switching in Windows? It does for me on two systems and my wife's laptop, all are windows 10

check this out also, you can just use autohotkey to run this from the command line:

https://www.nirsoft.net/articles/set_default_audio_device_command_line.html

Edited by hastegag
incomplete thoughts initially

when you connect or disconnect, I think it should be auto switching in Windows? It does for me on two systems and my wife's laptop, all are windows 10

check this out also, you can just use autohotkey to run this from the command line:

https://www.nirsoft.net/articles/set_default_audio_device_command_line.html

No it doesn't change automatically. I have had them for 1 year now and it never did that.

Thanks I will try that out! It will definitely be better than changing manually every time.

use it in good health. AHK snippet below:

^volume_up::
Run, nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "G2770" ;your device name in sound settings drop down I think
return
^volume_down::
Run, nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "Headset Earphone" ;Works for my void headset Ctrl Volume Down
return
!volume_down::
; Run, nircmd showsounddevices
Run, nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "SONY TV*02 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)"
;sometimes I had issues with my TV switching properly, but your mileage may vary
return