Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2020, 03:42 PM

POST ID # = 1048976
TriixstaR Reputation: 10
Default H150i Pro RGB XT not recognised in iCue, but is working

Hey

I have my brand new H150i Pro RGB XT and have just installed it, it is working (the temps are slightly higher than I expected but I'm hoping with some help I can control the fans)

I have 9 fans in my O11 Dynamic XL case, I run 2 lighting node cores (the ones that came with my 3 packs of QL120s) to control the RGB on all 9 (3 are mounted on the new cooler)

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iCue, and changing the USB headers with the one on my CoPro, but nothing I seem to do makes the H150i Pro RGB XT light up or show up in my iCue software? I have made sure all the connections are correct and proper, the cooler is connected directly to the motherboard and so is the CoPro.. any ideas what could be the problem? When I swapped the USB ports at the bottom of the mobo it showed on windows "windows is now setting up h150i pro rgb xt) so I was thinking "great, problem solved, i'll restart icue and it should be fine" but alas, it was still not there? any help or advice would be appreciated as this is now my second H150i RGB Pro XT after getting the first RMA'd (DOA) so I'm hoping it's not another RMA case :/

Old 06-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Krokarn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048977
Krokarn Reputation: 10

Do you have connected the H150i to sata power from psu?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:03 PM

POST ID # = 1048978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokarn View Post
Do you have connected the H150i to sata power from psu?
Yes, like I say in the title, it is working. I can feel the liquid running through the hoses and stuff so I'm fairly certain it's working, It's just not registering in iCue and the RGB isn't turning on, not even generically..

Old 06-02-2020, 04:14 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048980
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

You've got 2 Cores and the H150i XT, so that's 3 USB 2.0 connections. Most motherboards don't have that many. Are you using a powered USB 2 hub? What motherboard do you have?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:21 PM

POST ID # = 1048982

I have now used USBDeview to confirm that windows can see "H150iRGBPROXT" and it is highlighted in green, connected, safe to unplug, not disabled and not on a USB hub? I'm very confused as to why iCue wont detect it

Old 06-02-2020, 04:51 PM

POST ID # = 1048985

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
You've got 2 Cores and the H150i XT, so that's 3 USB 2.0 connections. Most motherboards don't have that many. Are you using a powered USB 2 hub? What motherboard do you have?
I'm using a Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA, I have the cores connected into the commander pro which has an additional 2 USB headers - on the motherboard I have the commander pro plugged in, and the H150i plugged in, with the cores running off the commander pro itself?

Old 06-02-2020, 05:26 PM

POST ID # = 1048988

Quote:
I have also just tried to disconnect one of the lighting node cores on the commander pro and replaced it with the one from the cooler, and it (again) registered and was "set up" on windows.. but iCue still doesn't want to recognise it.. I'm at a loss at this point, every USB seems to detect to some capacity, both internally or externally, but the RGB refuses to turn on, and iCue refuses to see it, even though windows sees it? the bios was in fine order too, and its connected to the cpu_fan header.. is this ANOTHER RMA? or do you think there is something I'm missing?

Old 06-02-2020, 06:04 PM

POST ID # = 1048989

I've messaged support. I don't understand why windows can see it but iCUE refuses to. If this ends in another RMA I'm pretty sure I'll have to just ask for my money back and do something else.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:56 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048994
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriixstaR View Post
I'm using a Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA, I have the cores connected into the commander pro which has an additional 2 USB headers - on the motherboard I have the commander pro plugged in, and the H150i plugged in, with the cores running off the commander pro itself?
That may be the relevant bit. Specifically the AMD x570 (and some X470 with BIOS upgrades) have recognition with Corsair hardware. There are some rather long threads about it, but most people resolve the issue by using an powered USB 2 hub. It doesn't seem to matter which one and the inexpensive ones do the trick.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:27 AM

POST ID # = 1049012

Quote:
That may be the relevant bit. Specifically the AMD x570 (and some X470 with BIOS upgrades) have recognition with Corsair hardware. There are some rather long threads about it, but most people resolve the issue by using an powered USB 2 hub. It doesn't seem to matter which one and the inexpensive ones do the trick.
Are we talking one of those external USB hubs? If so, how would that work? route the USB cable to the outside of my case? or is there something internal? Also, Windows recognises it? which leads me to believe it might be a software problem in iCue maybe?

Old 06-03-2020, 02:33 AM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049013
Baio Reputation: 16

Quote:
Are we talking one of those external USB hubs? If so, how would that work? route the USB cable to the outside of my case? or is there something internal? Also, Windows recognises it? which leads me to believe it might be a software problem in iCue maybe?
No, it's an internal powered hub.
Check this, works for sure with my X570 board.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

Baio

Old 06-03-2020, 04:11 AM

POST ID # = 1049018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baio View Post

Baio
I will definitely give this a shot! If a purchase this cheap can save me having to go through the hassle and waiting for a new one from Corsair, I'll take it on the chin and accept it!

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2020, 07:09 AM

POST ID # = 1049031

Quote:

Baio
Can I ask what power supply you use? I'm having trouble finding some extra sata power cables for my EVGA GQ 750 and I'm needing a couple more by the looks of it

Old 06-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049043
Baio Reputation: 16

Quote:
Can I ask what power supply you use? I'm having trouble finding some extra sata power cables for my EVGA GQ 750 and I'm needing a couple more by the looks of it
I’ using a Corsair AX860i.
Look at CableMod (or similar) website for custom cables that plug directly into your PSU (if supported)... a bit expensive but a better solution than extension cables.

Baio

Old 06-03-2020, 09:00 AM

POST ID # = 1049051

Quote:
I’ using a Corsair AX860i.
Look at CableMod (or similar) website for custom cables that plug directly into your PSU (if supported)... a bit expensive but a better solution than extension cables.

Baio
I have a modular one so I assume I should be able to just plug some more in, but I tried using one from my old Corsair 750 PSU and it doesn't work with it.. Then I found out it needs to be compatiable or something so I'm a bit lost as to what to do.. I reached out to EVGA to see if they had any guidance about where I can get some more SATA power cables for the PSU I have..