The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 03:35 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967381
mpoffo Reputation: 17

I had to retire my K95 for now until I have the time to try a repair. Got the K95 Platinum. It is a nice keyboard and I can somewhat get around the lack of as many g keys by using specific profiles and function keys. That being said the lack of a true "macro" keyboard like the K95 RGB in the line up confuses Corsair's current offerings. In many ways it is not much different from other keyboards they offer.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 1002761
hello_need_18Gs Reputation: 10

Signed up just to second this.

Looking for a keyboard with as many macro keys as possible.

I write whole excel sheet manipulating "scripts" on these things.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:11 PM
calmfocustruth

POST ID # = 1002785
calmfocustruth Reputation: 10

I use the 18 G keys (give me 24!!) for ARMA3 gaming... the time and accuracy improvements are epic. (..among dozens of other uses like 1 button startup for multiple program launches etc etc)
It's stunning that we can't buy these anymore... I treat mine very carefully now.

Last edited by calmfocustruth; 04-27-2019 at 09:13 PM. Reason: OCD

Old 04-30-2019, 12:55 PM
hellokitty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003095
hellokitty Reputation: 10

i just bought one recently off of Ebay, and brand new in the box.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:40 AM
ixnay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005559
ixnay Reputation: 10

Hi, I just bought a K95 Platinum and I much prefer the black macro keycaps from the old one. If I get a set of keycaps will they fit in the new keyboard?
Thanks

Old 09-19-2019, 05:02 PM

POST ID # = 1018729
Brixius111 Reputation: 10

I agree with this thread, You should have Keept the 18 g key keyboard, at least to a limited run every so often to keep it available. I also can't believe you reused the k95 acronym. Who in was the bright bulb marketing came up with that and better yet, which executive approved it.

I have the original k95 keyboard at home, and love it. I'm in need of a new keyboard for work and was looking but but I WON'T buy the 6 macro key version.

Kind of a Shame really.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:30 PM
crowy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049002
crowy Reputation: 10

My Logitech G15 (Original with 18 Macro Keys) died at Work today, I've been using a Corsair K95 Original with 18 Macro Keys at Home, So I thought that I would try and order another one, and it seems yet again the decent macro keyboards are no more?

And so it seems that today I have to start the hunt again for a new Keyboard with 18 Macro Keys? unless Corsair want to produce more of the original K95 keyboards (prefer in MX Browns the same that I have at home)?

Old 06-02-2020, 11:14 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049005
hastegag Reputation: 20

sometimes you can find them online or in stock someplace, but that may not last.

Frankly, I have used the platinum XT and although it is a beaut, it is no replacement...in part as the G1 key is way too easy as stock to hit intending for Esc and you just miss the fidelity and capability of the k95. I do hope to see it back in the near future as well. They are a equity /vulture cap ownership now so that might be promising for their office offerings.

They have marketed themselves on the corsair at home front (covid vibe) but hopefully their marketing folks or executives see the benefit of the business community (cad / 3d / wordprocessing monsters) its so important, they had literally a killer app and an awesome flagship I cant say enough about it as I never want to use another keyboard than the G18 version of the K95...it could retain the M1-3 and MR keys and add a profile switch button like the new model and possibly even a passthru if practical and bam - they'd make a million bucks properly marketed. I have no idea what their capitalization on new projects is, but ... not like the design would need to change all that much. They could do a white model like some of the k70mk2's...dang I want it but it doesn't exist!

Last edited by hastegag; 06-02-2020 at 11:17 PM.