Corsair Community

Need help with water cooling

Nathan66

When I used the configurator on the website it came back with this layout

Code - Ffdjjk

I was thinking that I would prefer a 360mm rad at the front and maybe also a 240 at the top but now I don't know if it will fit.

I am using a Msi Godlike with an Asus ROG 2080 ti. I have read in some places that the godlike is too big but in others, people have said it's fine. Are any of the components the issue here as they could be changed.

Also getting off-topic a bit here the 680x case was my first option but after some research, I found that my GPU would not fit with a 360mm rad at the front is this true?

Well, 500D is short for what you're trying to achieve.

When using card as long as Strix there are certain compromises that needs to be taken.

You can pull it off with a vertically mounted graphics card and a XR5 360 in the front, but not with card sitting in the motherboard slot. For that, you will need a bigger case, something along the line of 680X or 678C. If you haven't bought the case yet, I would reconsider the choice.

Well, 500D is short for what you're trying to achieve.

When using card as long as Strix there are certain compromises that needs to be taken.

You can pull it off with a vertically mounted graphics card and a XR5 360 in the front, but not with card sitting in the motherboard slot. For that, you will need a bigger case, something along the line of 680X or 678C. If you haven't bought the case yet, I would reconsider the choice.

Can the Strix fit in the 680x? As far as i knew it couldnt

I don't know if this build will be possible, the Godlike is an EATX MB and the 500D SE only accepts ATX or smaller. Maybe any error on the configurator or someone's websites specs are wrong. I have 500D SE, though didn't get an EATX board as it wouldn't fit w/o modding.

• Corsair Employee
I don't know if this build will be possible, the Godlike is an EATX MB and the 500D SE only accepts ATX or smaller. Maybe any error on the configurator or someone's websites specs are wrong. I have 500D SE, though didn't get an EATX board as it wouldn't fit w/o modding.

500D and 500D SE officially doesn't support the E-ATX but there were plenty of reports from our users which were able to fit without performing modifications to the case. Based on this we enabled it so they were able to use the configurator and design their custom loops.