Corsair Community

Trouble with importing profiles on new software

Hi guys,

So I just downloaded the latest version of CUE in order to try out the RGB Share feature, but I'm having some problems with it.

I've downloaded a few files, but when I try to import them into CUE it only seems to bring across the profile names, none of the lighting effects are included. It's just set to the default "spiral rainbow" pattern.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

CUE1 profiles needs to be fixed for CUE2. Also make sure you're using the lastest version 2.5 of CUE. ;):

Aah I see, yes I'm using the latest version of CUE, but I didn't realise old profiles would no longer work.

Has anyone made a rainbow fireworks/splash profile for CUE2? I'm using a K95.

CUE1 profiles needs to be fixed for CUE2. Also make sure you're using the lastest version 2.5 of CUE. ;):

Fixed how? Is that something we can do ourselves?

I've been going into my old profile files and copying out RGB hex codes, then converting them to RGB values. If there's an easier way, please let me know.

I'm on cue 2.5.626 on two computers side by side. Every time I try and export a profile it comes out as 0KB. WTH is wrong with the software!!

If I can't backup and re-import my profiles when I migrate computers then I'm going to return the keyboard because wasting 8hrs setting up profiles for my games from scratch each time I upgrade/reinstall windows or migrate to a new system costs me $1000's in time wasted. might as well go buy a Logitech or Razer keyboard. At least they have hard files you can back up.

Hi,

I just installed 2.6.70, but I can't import my old CUE1 profiles. Everytime I try it, CUE2 crashes. Just a message from Windows, that the program isn't working any more. :(

As far as I understand from other posts, the import should be possible, just the lightning effects are gone or is it just a bug with this version, where I can use as a workaround first install an older version (need to find it then) import the profiles, save them in the new format und update to 2.6.70?

[edit]

Just forgot, the advanced mode is enabled.

[/edit]

Error due to Eventlogger of Windows:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: CUE.exe, Version: 2.6.70.0, Zeitstempel: 0x57fe40c2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: CUE.exe, Version: 2.6.70.0, Zeitstempel: 0x57fe40c2
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x003d5c13
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x9bc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d23240ec1cae91
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe
Berichtskennung: 655967b3-92b5-4e14-898f-48927585fbd7
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Details:

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Error 

- EventID 1000 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2016-10-30T00:04:19.935182500Z 

EventRecordID 13104 

Channel Application 

Computer Golddragon 

Security 

- EventData 

CUE.exe 
  57fe40c2 
  CUE.exe 
  57fe40c2 
  c0000005 
  003d5c13 
  9bc 
  01d23240ec1cae91 
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe 
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe 
  655967b3-92b5-4e14-898f-48927585fbd7 

The original authors (or someone else) have to re-write the CUE 1 profiles to work on CUE 2. They are not compatible and anything you exported from CUE 1 will not work on CUE 2.

I can't help with the error. 2.6.70 was just released. You might share this in the Open Beta thread or the regular CUE discussion section. I am sure there will be more feedback. The last CUE version was pulled due to some issues. 2.4.66 is stable if it's still available.

The advanced mode is something different. Creators select either the basic or advanced mode when writing the profile. The software will not automatically select the proper mode and you must manually do so. You must be in same mode as the profile or you will get the "dark keyboard".

These profiles where created by me from scratch and I know that I need to rewrite them. That was never been an issue.

The question is, if old profiles can't be imported at all. Several posts sound like it is possible and that you need to correct them after importing them.

That would be ok, I just don't want to rewrite them from scratch if not necessary. Due to the filte rin the program, I would say, that it should be possible, as it shows the old backup file.

And yes, I could also open a new thread, but why, if there is one already existing?

I tried to import it under advanced and without advanced activated. It doesn't matters. Clicking on the import button crashes the program. CUE2 profiles I can import.

Making everthing from scratch is har work, especially with all those definition. Then I need to reinstall CUE1 look what I did to accomplish what I wanted, reinstall CUE2 and build up a new profile. This is so time consuming.

Clicking on the import button crashes the program. CUE2 profiles I can import.

Maybe a bug in the new version. :confused:

Do you want to send me a CUE1 profile which crashed your CUE2? Then I will test it on my PC with CUE2. (PM gerne auch auf deutsch)

Edit: I can confirm CUE2 crashes when trying to import his CUE1 profiles.

Archived