Corsair Community

H110i & AX1500i - Both require USB Header

fred.e

Hi there,

I have an MSI Z170A M9 ACK Motherboard with only one USB Header plug.

I have the Corsair Link Commander Mini, but both the AX1500i & H110i GTX seem to require a USB header plug.

What is the best solution in my situation?

If I'm running the Commander do I need to run the USB Mini B Plug to USB Motherboard Header plug at all on either the H110i or AX1500i?

Thanks, Fred

Not sure if I'm capable of doing the mod in your link. I may have to buy the adapter.

On a different route, which of the higher end coolers will plug into the commander so I'm only having to use one usb header?

Thank you...!

On a different route, which of the higher end coolers will plug into the commander so I'm only having to use one usb header?

None of the latest generation coolers can be plugged into a CL Mini. The last one to have this facility is the H100i.

Thanks again red-ray.

My two options are to purchase the Adaptor or just plug the H110i GTX into the USB header and the rest run off the motherboard with no Link commander connected and no Link for the AX1500i...

I think running the H110i GTX off Corsair Link is more important than the Power Supply & Fans only ?

If you don't recommend that then I'll have to get the NZXT IU01.

Thanks, Fred

Just out of curiosity, would a USB 3.0 Header to USB 2 Adapter Work ?

Yes, it should but I feel the NZXT IU01 is the better option as it has 3 x USB 2 header and you can still connect the USB 3 header to the front of your case.

The annoying thing about this is that the USB MB header actually has two USB ports on it, but Corsair use a two-row shell blocking off the other row. If they fitted single-row shells then you could plug two into the same MB header. I have merged the socket inserts from my PSU and my Water Cooler into the same double-row shell, but that takes knowledge, tools and care. A little more attention to detail please Corsair!

red-ray you're a champ mate. I've seen plenty of your posts and you're always helpful and never judgmental.

I always try and search as much as possible before posting and am hesitant posting because there's always one with the "did you search first"...

Anyway, thank you for your help - it is much appreciated..!!!

Archived