Corsair Community

Screws will not go into h115i cooler

Phantom_Dicloni

Hello I’m trying to build a PC using the Corsair h115i RGB Platinum and am so far very disappointed with my purchase. First of all the instructions did a poor job explaining how to remove the default intel bracket and install the and brackets. I spent close to an hour searching on the internet trying to figure out how to take the bracket a part. I was unsure if I was supposed to in do the the screws on the heatsink or physically take it apart, turns out it was the later. Then I spent another 30 minutes struggling to put the heat sink on my cpu. I had to apply so much pressure on the heatsink like the instructions said to hook it onto the AMD CPU bracket hooks that I fear I may have damaged the cpu or motherboard. Now I’m trying to screw on my fans to the radiator and the radiator to my Corsair 750d case and the screws won’t go in. This is ridiculous. I’m following the instructions to the best of my ability and am not at my breaking point. And unfortunately Corsair’s customer service is closed on the weekend so I can’t even ask them for help. No other part of my PC build was this frustrating to work with. I feel like I should not have bothered with liquid cooling and just stuck with the default ryzen cooler. :( Has anyone else had these issues with the h115i cooler? Edited by Phantom_Dicloni

I did what this guy did at about 2:40 to get the heatsink locked in on the cpu bracket

[ame]

[/ame]

I’m paranoid that I may have used too much force struggling to push it down to lock it on to the hooks on the motherboard. I was stupid and didn’t think about just unscrewing the hooks on the heatsink, putting the heatsink on the cpu, hooking the hooks onto the motherboard bracket and rescrewing them on until about 30 minutes later of trying to force it on like in the video.

I did what this guy did at about 2:40 to get the heatsink locked in on the cpu bracket

I’m paranoid that I may have used too much force struggling to push it down to lock it on to the hooks on the motherboard. I was stupid and didn’t think about just unscrewing the hooks on the heatsink, putting the heatsink on the cpu, hooking the hooks onto the motherboard bracket and rescrewing them on until about 30 minutes later of trying to force it on like in the video.

Honestly they just hook on, it's just a bit fiddly, make sure the screws are as loose as they can be, hook it on then tighten.