Corsair Community

S2892 RAM issues

dijuremo

I built two new servers with the Tyan S2892 motherboard and four 1 GB sticks of corsair ram model: CM72SD1024RLP-3200.

When I boot both systems up, the bios only sees 3071MB (3GB) and not the 4GB as it should :[pouts:. The corsair memory configurator does not show any recommendations for the motherboard I used. However it says that the model of RAM I used is compatible with the Tyan S2895 which uses the same chipset as the S2892. I had tested these modules before on other Tyan motherboards (S2882 and S2882-D) with success.

Do you know of any compatibility issues with this model of ram and the S2892?

- I already have the latest Bios for the S2892 v2.00: ftp://ftp.tyan.com/bios/2892_200.zip

- I shuffled modules around in sets of two and both systems posted correctly with 2GB RAM. However when using 4 modules then I get only 3071MB on the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Diego

Hi,

I am not using windows. Like I said in my original posting, the BIOS will not even show the 4096MB of ram, it will only show 3071MB. I am running CentOS x86_64 and cat /proc/meminfo did not show the 4GB either.

The suggestion that I received from the Tyan Technical support people worked. In the Bios Advanced Menu go into the section that says "Hammer Configuration". The default setting for Memory Hole is hardware. Changing that setting to software allows the Bios to correctly dectect the 4GB of RAM during post.

Diego

Archived