Corsair Community

unable to take front fan from 600T

steveei

Hmm.. ive been trying for a good hour now and cant find a way to take that front white 200mm fan out of the corsair 600t (black with mesh side).

i am unable to screw the screws out because the screw driver hits the front panel. how am i supposed to take the front panel off? :\

I just did this with my 600T SE.

You have to take off the front panel. It has three tabs inside on the left and right. Push them outwards at the same time (both tabs on top, middle and bottom) while pulling the case towards you. That will start to remove the front panel. Then you can take off the screws from the fan.

I'm doing some testing with it because it's noisy.

Thanks to Corsair sending me a pair of the uprated fans (as fitted to the White SE) for my Graphite 600t, I changed my 200mm fans over a few days ago.

You DON'T have to take the entire front off to get to the front 200mm fan on a Graphite 600t. (A friend of mine has the 600t White SE, and his front 200mm fan is screwed directly to the front of the case).

On the Graphite version however, take the side off your case, (for easier access it's better to remove both HDD cages / bays).....

......From the inside of your 600t.........Look closely at the black plastic brackets that are on either side of the front 200mm fan.

At the bottom of these brackets you'll see two square holes where 2 retainer lugs hold the brackets in place.

At the top of the side brackets, you'll see 2 more lugs that if you push down gently on the top of them, the entire fan and side mounting brackets are released and can be easily removed.

Once removed, simply unscrew the brackets from your front fan :). Be very careful when undoing and tightening the screws however, as both the fan, and the side brackets are quite flexible and could easily be broken if too much force is applied.

Removing the front as described above won't work if you have a Graphite 600t that has these side brackets on the front 200mm fan, as the screws go into the brackets, NOT the case!!!

Presumably by the time Corsair released the White SE edition, they realised that the set up on the older Graphite could be simplified and improved upon. Said side brackets aren't featured on the front 200mm fan of the White 600t accordingly.

Edited by Arctic_Wolf

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi. I have the graphite 600t and a noisy fan. And I've got the official replacement fan. I'd like to know if someone has instructions I can follow, including photos or videos of replacing the fan properly and safely. I've seen so many different and conflicting instructions I don't know what to do. Manual is gone from the Corsair web site. Thanks! Edited by pbug56